Bauer pro knee pads

Hockey34

I’m thinking about getting new knee pads, looking at the Bauer pros. I’m currently using Bauer 1x that are falling apart and where they fold the foam is completely broken so now they are really floppy. So my question is does anyone have the Bauer pros and do you guys like them are they comfortable do they have good protection? Or should I just get the elites that are the same as the 1x?

Remind me in about two weeks to check in with you on this

I bought a pair of Bauer Pros that are en route to me.  I also have a pair of 1X that I'm currently using, and a pair of Elites sitting in my garage.

I did notice that where the 1X inner knee/thigh piece is one continuous pad, the Elite has a separate upper and lower component.

Can give you a side-by-side-by-side once I get some reps in with the Pros

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

I’m thinking about getting new knee pads, looking at the Bauer pros. I’m currently using Bauer 1x that are falling apart and where they fold the foam is completely broken so now they are really floppy. So my question is does anyone have the Bauer pros and do you guys like them are they comfortable do they have good protection? Or should I just get the elites that are the same as the 1x?

I have tried the Elites, Pros, and Supreme S18 knee guards. I personally preferred the 1X over all of them, the Elites feel like a cheap version of the 1X. The Pros are an improved Supreme S18 but I felt both were too clunky when compared to 1X. 

Edited by heyclaytay

2 hours ago, heyclaytay said:

I have tried the Elites, Pros, and Supreme S18 knee guards. I personally preferred the 1X over all of them, the Elites feel like a cheap version of the 1X. The Pros are an improved Supreme S18 but I felt both were too clunky when compared to 1X. 

Good to know thanks. I like my 1x but like said they are just falling apart and probably not going to last much longer. I’ve had them for about five years give or take so they lasted a long time but it’s just time to replace. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 9:58 PM, Chenner29 said:

Remind me in about two weeks to check in with you on this

I bought a pair of Bauer Pros that are en route to me.  I also have a pair of 1X that I'm currently using, and a pair of Elites sitting in my garage.

I did notice that where the 1X inner knee/thigh piece is one continuous pad, the Elite has a separate upper and lower component.

Can give you a side-by-side-by-side once I get some reps in with the Pros

Have you had the chance to try out the Pros? If so what do you think of them? Good, bad?

I'm using them, they are quite bulky but they offer great protection, I have taken 3 shots to the knees since i got them in january and none of them have hurt. 

Only thing i would consider is adding some additional foam to the protective shell where you land just to cushion everything a bit more. 

I would recommend them.  - Previously i have been using the old Supreme knee guards and warrior. I prefer these. 

Hope this might help.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I ended up getting the Bauer pros, but was having problems with the bottom of them sliding up and down my leg. The top doesn’t move because they have rubber on the straps so I found some elastic that has the same rubber on it that the top straps do on Amazon and sewed it to the bottom straps. Which has helped a lot it keeps them in place and I don’t have to tape them which is what I was trying to avoid. 
This is what I got and how I put it on. 67ED3EFA-F17D-4EB7-8423-E1B42E1B23C8.thumb.jpeg.4ca831c390c8e77eb53cbe0523bd627d.jpeg4D282A2A-C867-417A-A039-F80DBB2753D1.thumb.jpeg.ad1d0fb5867ebd7ae9c85bed629860e4.jpeg45AEFD30-B3C0-4E31-B670-5CEB6F994208.thumb.jpeg.f2e0c04258528dc404b80291acd59f74.jpeg

• Like 2