Monster Pro Toe Bridge kit

Westcoast Tender

I thought I'd do a quick review of Monster's Pro Toe Bridge system since I hadn't seen anything on goalie forums yet.  I know a lot of people seem to have tried the Hal Toe system or something similar from other vendors.  The pro bridge system uses bungee cord as well but in this case the bungee stays on the skate and a plastic tab with Velcro secures the bungee to the pad. When you buy the kit you'll need to tell them hole spacing for your pad.  As you can see you will need to add a new toe bridge, Jenpro with Velcro on both sides to secure the plastic tab on the skate.  I'll add pictures that should clearly show how it works.  

I've been using them all season and they stood up well.  Never had any issues with them.  They've never come undone and never slipped under my skate.  Extremely quick to attach and remove.

The final picture shows wear on the plastic tab from where it rubs on my skate.  I've put the newly designed rounded tab that now comes with the system beside the original.  The rounded design may result in less rubbing/wear of the plastic but I'm a little worried about not having much plastic between the holes and edge...resulting in it breaking.  I'll have to wait and see.

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

Seems like a lot of extra parts than what I was able to create for less than $10.   I use two of the tarp tie-down bungees for each pad.  After removing the plastic balls, push the loop end through the toe-tie bridge, then route the loops through your cowling like normal, and connect them on top of your skates with the small S clip.   Done.   Super easy, no plastic that can break or velcro that can come loose.  Best I have used so far, and this is my 3rd version.  

V3 Toe Ties 1.JPG

V3 toe ties 4.JPG

V3 Toe Ties 2.JPG

201282-3.jpg

There's a lot of option that still involve running a elastic, bungee, or lace through the cowling.  The difference with this system is you don't once it's set up. I personally wanted to get away from threading the laces through my cowlings each time, so this works perfectly.  My favorite toe system I've used. 

I have not had any issues with the Velcro coming undone at all. And no breakage on any bits or pieces, I was just pondering whether there would be any issues with the new designed one, but haven't actually tried it since my first set hasn't broken yet ;)

Again in just wanted to give a little review of the monster system in case anyone was curious. 

On 3/20/2017 at 10:11 AM, Westcoast Tender said:

There's a lot of option that still involve running a elastic, bungee, or lace through the cowling.  The difference with this system is you don't once it's set up. I personally wanted to get away from threading the laces through my cowlings each time, so this works perfectly.  My favorite toe system I've used. 

I have not had any issues with the Velcro coming undone at all. And no breakage on any bits or pieces, I was just pondering whether there would be any issues with the new designed one, but haven't actually tried it since my first set hasn't broken yet ;)

Again in just wanted to give a little review of the monster system in case anyone was curious. 

How was the lead time and customer service? 

Lead time was okay. I did send a few emails when I didn't see a tracking number after 10 days. After getting in contact with them the items shipped right away. I don't think this is considered custom, just stock items. I have heard some complaints about custom orders taking a long time. 

Archived