Are there any shops that advertise goalie stick flex rating?

35RoloSmith41

This is a beef for me as well.   I've never been able to find anything other than anecdotal stories that Smith, Jarry and a couple of other guys have sticks that are noticeably whippy when compared to a stock or even a more typical pro return twig.    I'd love to be able to custom order something that's got even more give than my EF4 sticks.  '

Edit:  It's not the shops/sites, it's the manufacturers.  They don't seem to want to open the can of worms that offering goalie sticks to the masses in multiple flexes, so we're stuck with a "one size fits a couple" approach. 

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Like 2

79A9DB2D-6765-472A-8FE3-8E0F543A1D24.thumb.jpeg.5779bbd08fe515d785cf95ce22660823.jpegCan confirm my 24 is also a 67. 
I would think like ccm, true, and warrior would be a 65, 85, and 95 going off how all the companies do the player sticks since Bauer the only one that ends there flex in 7 while every one else does 5. 

Edited by Hockey34

On 8/16/2023 at 11:26 AM, Puckstopper said:

This is a beef for me as well.   I've never been able to find anything other than anecdotal stories that Smith, Jarry and a couple of other guys have sticks that are noticeably whippy when compared to a stock or even a more typical pro return twig.    I'd love to be able to custom order something that's got even more give than my EF4 sticks.  '

Edit:  It's not the shops/sites, it's the manufacturers.  They don't seem to want to open the can of worms that offering goalie sticks to the masses in multiple flexes, so we're stuck with a "one size fits a couple" approach. 

lol this would make selling used sticks so much more annoying

Bobby Beerleaguer playing Division 19 can't shoot with anything but a 67 flex

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

lol this would make selling used sticks so much more annoying

Bobby Beerleaguer playing Division 19 can't shoot with anything but a 67 flex

Adding to this.

We're all freaking out about paddle size inconsistency already

"WHY ISN'T A BAUER 67 FLEX THE SAME AS A WARRIOR 67 FLEX"

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

Adding to this.

We're all freaking out about paddle size inconsistency already

"WHY ISN'T A BAUER 67 FLEX THE SAME AS A WARRIOR 67 FLEX"

Well I mean is it that hard for someone from every company to decide that a ruler is 12 inches? One would think not but 23 inches is apparently not 23 inches in every companies’ factory I guess.