MicroFracture Surgery

Naz

How the heck did you break it? Puck get past your pad and knee pad? Anyway, you'll recover just fine and will play again. Let it heal completely before you begin rehab; there isn't much blood flow to the area so follow your dr's orders closely. Biggest thing short term will be your thigh and calf atrophy while the fracture mends. Longer term - don't know your age - is arthritis but take care of yourself, listen to your dr, and you'll play fine again. One good thing is that the fracture and hardware shouldn't affect your knee joint's function. Get better!

Thanks @Fullright !  The Dr did it to replace the cartilage that was shredded into many many pieces.  I have done some reading on it, and some note 6 - 9 months before resuming athletics.

I'm 46, and so far no signs of arthritis thank goodness.  I definitely plan on following instructions, no male stubborness haha.

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2018 at 11:31 AM, Fullright said:

. Biggest thing short term will be your thigh and calf atrophy while the fracture mends. Longer term - don't know your age - is arthritis but take care of yourself, listen to your dr, and you'll play fine again. One good thing is that the fracture and hardware shouldn't affect your knee joint's function. Get better!

Holy wow!  I have had previous knee surgeries, but this time the atrophy is unreal, especially my calf.  Also the hamstring of the affected leg has tightened up considerably.  One month post surgery and slowly doing rehab.  Probably August before I am back on the ice, posssssibly Mid-July.

16 minutes ago, Naz said:

Holy wow!  I have had previous knee surgeries, but this time the atrophy is unreal, especially my calf.  Also the hamstring of the affected leg has tightened up considerably.  One month post surgery and slowly doing rehab.  Probably August before I am back on the ice, posssssibly Mid-July.

Shit dude! Best of luck with the rehab and recovery; here’s hoping you’re fully healed and ready to go on schedule! :thumbup:

Archived