Jump to content

CCM Axis F9 and XF goalie masks


RLL

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, RLL said:

Curious what everyone thinks of the Nest-Tech lining in the XF model?

I am curious... My day job is in industrial 3D printing. I could be considered a subject matter expert on this subject.

industrial 3D printing (not the FDM desktop printer at the local library) applied correctly will produce a better product. CCM's player helmet was designed to be breathable and comfortable, but it got a 1 star on VT ratings. I am hoping the goalie team put safety first on their needs list with this iteration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I see the old RBK/Reebok masks, pre-Lefevre shell.

8801.thumb.webp.4790ec78eb6ad974ecd11dba8a334b64.webp

Interested in trying them on, the Super Tacks X player helmets are pretty comfortable. But I don't know if there is anything that can get me to move out of my Protechsports.

Yes, I saw that shell at first too. That helmet looked like a goofy Itech though too, haha

but this angle dilla vibes?

image.png.10ce95c83ef143a3a8ad29d76dce1f8d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, I saw that shell at first too. That helmet looked like a goofy Itech though too, haha

but this angle dilla vibes?

image.png.10ce95c83ef143a3a8ad29d76dce1f8d.png

I see, especially with the way the shin looks in your screenshot - sort of rounded out/flattened. I think the Armadillas were a little bulbous in the crown and in the cage itself. These seem a little more streamlined from the forehead up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am curious... My day job is in industrial 3D printing. I could be considered a subject matter expert on this subject.

industrial 3D printing (not the FDM desktop printer at the local library) applied correctly will produce a better product. CCM's player helmet was designed to be breathable and comfortable, but it got a 1 star on VT ratings. I am hoping the goalie team put safety first on their needs list with this iteration.

From what I heard and from what I've seen the XF uses the same or similar density to the Tacks X Custom helmet. The custom player helmet used a much firmer form of 3d printed foam and doesn't bottom out like the stock tacks X 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

COMposite vs comPOSite

NestTech looks super breathable.  I remember when the Koho 560 blocker came out with the ventilated finger stalls, it felt like I had an air conditioning unit on the inside of my blocker

I'm guessing the NestTech stuff will feel the same.  I do have some concerns about how well the impact rating will translate from a player style impact to pucks and sticks.

Am also curious why there is no D30 in the XF pro line but it is present in the X9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I see, especially with the way the shin looks in your screenshot - sort of rounded out/flattened. I think the Armadillas were a little bulbous in the crown and in the cage itself. These seem a little more streamlined from the forehead up.

exactly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

If the 3D liner is made properly it can very closely mimic the performance of D3O while being lighter and much more breathable. 

They could exceed it, but the question is... what did they do?

There is a balance between weight, breathability, comfort, and protection. It's impossible to get a 10/10 in all considerations. So if they go for 10s in breathability and comfort, I would expect the protection to be less than it could / should be. That's exactly what I think happened on the player helmets. TBH, not sure that many skaters care if they are using a widowmaker these days...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Member Statistics

    1,992
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    kmccann1223
    Newest Member
    kmccann1223
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...