My first win

ethanallen

Next win will be a milestone. Grandpa promised me a real Cuban cigar for my next win. I can smoke it whenever I want, as he has a humidor dedicated to me. He has a cigar for my 18th, 21st, and 25th birthdays. He has Cohiba Black put aside for those occasions. He promised me something extra special for my next win. I won't smoke any until my 18th. Cigars are something super special in my household. Mom is less than impressed, but understands my Father's family tradition with cigars. 

• Like 1

I am riding the pine tonight, which is fine. I hope the starter tonight has an excellent game. I don't want to come in as relief because his confidence will sink more. He has been shaky as of late and he could use a bit of confidence. He is the best goalie in the league, it just hasn't shown lately.  Of course I want the team to win. We're first in our league and if we keep going, will have a first round bye. Of course that is long away for now, as playoffs don't start until the third week of January. Also finalizing my pad and blocker order and will show the pad customizer pics on this thread. I think I have a winner on my hands. Still haven't decided my glove because I haven't tried on enough of them, but thinking Vapor for the glove made like an old Reactor.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Good attitude, Ethan. Keep 'er rolling.

My Dad tried instill in me that you have to be a great teammate, even if you're on the bench wearing the ball cap. The starter is an excellent teammate and has been helping me learn the position even better. We're friends off ice as well. He encouraged me to try out for the team. I owe a lot to him. 

• Like 2

The starter had an excellent game but lost in OT. He truly held things up until a questionable goal in a scramble happened near the end of OT The left winger jabbed and hacked on the goalie and got the goal in long after the whistle should have been blown. We were all screaming at the ref. Coach ended up getting tossed and received $100 fine for his outburst. Kyle the starter got the hardhat. Kyle starts tomorrow and I start Sunday. 

23 hours ago, ethanallen said:

The starter had an excellent game but lost in OT. He truly held things up until a questionable goal in a scramble happened near the end of OT The left winger jabbed and hacked on the goalie and got the goal in long after the whistle should have been blown. We were all screaming at the ref. Coach ended up getting tossed and received $100 fine for his outburst. Kyle the starter got the hardhat. Kyle starts tomorrow and I start Sunday. 

Good luck Sunday!

• Thanks 1

Kyle eeked out a 2-1 win. With Beaner still out and the star center baby mcdavid being exhausted, Kyle had a rough game to play. His goal against was shaky, but skated around his net, shook his head and blocker, and played 50 more minutes of shut down hockey. I get the start between the pipes on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

2-1 win last night. We were up 2-0 until a sixth attacker was pulled at 17:57 in the third, and they got the goal in at 18:35. A Cohiba black was placed in my one-day humidor in Grandpa's office for my 5th win. Grandpa begged my mom to let me smoke it with him, and she refused. I don't know that I would have done good smoking a cigar like that for my first time LOL We're also ordering my pads and blocker tonight.

• Like 1