Warrior Ritual X4 Knee Pads

Irbe01

I have been using Bauer GSX knee pads for over a year now.  I used the old Bauer Reactor ones before that.  I have liked these cheap, thin knee pads because they are not bulky at all.  I have never had a stinger using these knee guards.  I face some pretty good shooters, but almost never get hit in the knee pads, so I do not prioritize protection. 

Recently though, I have been getting some knee pain just from playing, so I thought about getting a set of knee pads with a little more cushion in the knee.  I started doing some research, and the Warrior Ritual X4 line of knee pads caught my attention.  I am having trouble trying to figure out which of the four different options would work the best for me.

Here is the link to the knee pads I am talking about:
https://www.thehockeyshop.com/collections/goalie-knee-pads#/filter:tags_division:Senior/filter:vendor:Warrior

Here is what I have gathered about each knee pad:

• X4 Pro+:
    • Wide profile
    • Extra plate over knee cap
    • Pro-level/best protection
    • Pro quality
    • Most bulky
  • X4 Pro:
    • Narrow profile
    • Pro-level protection
    • Pro quality
    • Less bulky than Pro+
  • X4 E+
    • Narrow profile?
    • Unknown protection level
    • Unknown quality
    • Less bulky than Pro+, but unknown if more bulky than Pro
  • X4 E:
    • Narrow profile
    • No extra plate over the knee
    • Lowest level of protection
    • Unknown quality
    • Least bulky

Does anyone have any experience with these knee pads?  Are my assumptions correct?  Does anyone have any recommendations on these?  

1 hour ago, Irbe01 said:

I have been using Bauer GSX knee pads for over a year now.  I used the old Bauer Reactor ones before that.  I have liked these cheap, thin knee pads because they are not bulky at all.  I have never had a stinger using these knee guards.  I face some pretty good shooters, but almost never get hit in the knee pads, so I do not prioritize protection. 

Recently though, I have been getting some knee pain just from playing, so I thought about getting a set of knee pads with a little more cushion in the knee.  I started doing some research, and the Warrior Ritual X4 line of knee pads caught my attention.  I am having trouble trying to figure out which of the four different options would work the best for me.

Here is the link to the knee pads I am talking about:
https://www.thehockeyshop.com/collections/goalie-knee-pads#/filter:tags_division:Senior/filter:vendor:Warrior

Here is what I have gathered about each knee pad:

• X4 Pro+:
    • Wide profile
    • Pro-level/best protection
    • Pro quality
    • Most bulky
  • X4 Pro:
    • Narrow profile
    • Pro-level protection
    • Pro quality
    • Less bulky than Pro+
  • X4 E+
    • Narrow profile?
    • Unknown protection level
    • Unknown quality
    • Less bulky than Pro+, but unknown if more bulky than Pro
  • X4 E:
    • Narrow profile
    • No extra plate over the knee
    • Lowest level of protection
    • Unknown quality
    • Least bulky

Does anyone have any experience with these knee pads?  Are my assumptions correct?  Does anyone have any recommendations on these?  

Pro+ and E+ are the same styled design, as are the Pro and E.

You'll just get the Hypercomp (carbon fiber enhancement) with each respective Pro version that will improve the protection. 

Saying that, I've been in the Senior (not pro) version of Warrior knee pads that they used to hand out with their leg pads and have had zero complaints. I play upper beer league and don't rely on them to make saves, but they're there, comfortable, and plenty protective for the odd times that they are needed. 

Warrior makes good knee pads and I'd have zero hesitations going that route. 

I'd go with the slimmer option myself as it's what I'm currently using and I don't need the bulk. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Pro+ and E+ are the same styled design, as are the Pro and E.

You'll just get the Hypercomp (carbon fiber enhancement) with each respective Pro version that will improve the protection. 

Saying that, I've been in the Senior (not pro) version of Warrior knee pads that they used to hand out with their leg pads and have had zero complaints. I play upper beer league and don't rely on them to make saves, but they're there, comfortable, and plenty protective for the odd times that they are needed. 

Warrior makes good knee pads and I'd have zero hesitations going that route. 

I'd go with the slimmer option myself as it's what I'm currently using and I don't need the bulk. 

From my understanding E+ is the original warrior style with the segmented thigh and sort of narrow profile (for warriors).

Even if you don't necessarily need the Pro protection it's worth the upgrade because of the thicker knee landing foam and the use of Nash on the knee landing to prevent slipping instead of nylon

It does take a little bit to break any of the models in but as you use them they will get narrower and the elastic will get softer but not necessarily looser. 

30 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

From my understanding E+ is the original warrior style with the segmented thigh and sort of narrow profile (for warriors).

Even if you don't necessarily need the Pro protection it's worth the upgrade because of the thicker knee landing foam and the use of Nash on the knee landing to prevent slipping instead of nylon

It does take a little bit to break any of the models in but as you use them they will get narrower and the elastic will get softer but not necessarily looser. 

I didn't even notice the E line had a nylon channel. The sets that came with Warrior pads have nash in them and mine is still quite cushiony. 

Thanks for the responses.  I don't have anywhere even close to try them on, so I ended up ordering a pair of the X4 Pro's and a pair of the X4 E's.  I will try them on and see which ones feel better to me, then return the ones I don't want.  I have been impressed with the design of most Warrior gear that I have used (mostly my G5 Pro glove), so I am optimistic that one of these sets will work for me.

Edited by Irbe01

I have similar Brian's knee pads,  older thinner and less overall bulky and not much for cushion in them.  Once the knee blocks in my 2x pro's wore down a bit and lost some of the cushioning I started to feel some knee pain.  I just put a piece of foam in between the knee blocks for the added padding and solved the issue without having to worry about getting used to a new style of knee pad.  It's easily reversible if you don't like and you could then go knee pad route 

To give an update, I decide to keep the X4 E's.  They are super light and way less bulky than the X4 Pro's.  I used the X4 E's last night in a game, and they seemed to work exactly how I was hoping.  They stayed in place, and gave some extra cushion to my knees.  They felt a little more bulky than my Bauer GSX's, but that is to be expected.  I did not take any shots off of them, so I cannot say how the shot protection is on them, but like I said previously, protection from shots is not a huge concern for me.