Knee pads

5 minutes ago, Toobs said:

I know not exactly what you asked but check out PAW… custom made for you, and if you get them with the gel they’re very cushy. Best knee pads I’ve worn, I won’t use anything else.

I did. Way to expensive sight unseen. Thanks for the feed back.

I use Passau's and absolutely love them. However, not sure if they're what you're looking for as they don't have as much padding as the Warriors. I do find they stay on better and slide less than warriors did. It also depends on the extra padding you're using. I know some guys use volleyball pads, I've used Gform underneath with pretty good success: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081J8K9LT

Something you can also look at are floorball pads like https://www.blindsave.com/collections/knee-pads/products/knee-pads-original. Not as protective  but a good cushion. I believe PAWs can be as similar.

29 minutes ago, Kub29 said:

I use Passau's and absolutely love them. However, not sure if they're what you're looking for as they don't have as much padding as the Warriors. I do find they stay on better and slide less than warriors did. It also depends on the extra padding you're using. I know some guys use volleyball pads, I've used Gform underneath with pretty good success: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081J8K9LT

Something you can also look at are floorball pads like https://www.blindsave.com/collections/knee-pads/products/knee-pads-original. Not as protective  but a good cushion. I believe PAWs can be as similar.

I've tried volley ball pads and gform. The warrior 3xpros have lots of padding the trouble is it's very hard. Thanks.

8 hours ago, DL42 said:

the warrior are the best padded ones.  i usually buy new ones after 3 years maybe 4 once the foam gets compressed.

I have the warrior x3 pros knee guards. The padding was and still is extreme hard from the get go and I've had them for two years. What I'm trying to find out are the passaus softer out of the box and thick enough.

I wear the KOHO 589 Pro Swiss style knee pads and the landing area is soft and thick. 

Hear's a picture of what the landing area looks like on these:

kohokneepadslandingarea.jpeg.06f8d6b8662342315b052ccef6ed095d.jpeg:

These knee pads are extremely bulky though. So it may not be your thing. However, they area super protective and nice to land on.

Edited by creasecollector
  • Like 3

On 2/10/2024 at 6:53 PM, creasecollector said:

I wear the KOHO 589 Pro Swiss style knee pads and the landing area is soft and thick. 

Hear's a picture of what the landing area looks like on these:

kohokneepadslandingarea.jpeg.06f8d6b8662342315b052ccef6ed095d.jpeg:

These knee pads are extremely bulky though. So it may not be your thing. However, they area super protective and nice to land on.

I use same knee pads and they are great. They just don´t fit to every pads, there must be a lot of space in knee area. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 2:02 AM, mik said:

I use same knee pads and they are great. They just don´t fit to every pads, there must be a lot of space in knee area. 

Yeah, they've worked well for me for about 5 years now. Thinking of picking up a spare set for whenever they need replacing. Still going strong though.

And yeah, you definitely need an open knee cradle to make these things work. Well worth it in my opinion.

Edited by creasecollector
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, creasecollector said:

Yeah, they've worked well for me for about 5 years now. Thinking of picking up a spare set for whenever they need replacing. Still going strong though.

And yeah, you definitely need an open knee cradle to make these things work. Well worth it in my opinion.

Exactly 👍

I had the same idea - so allready have spare ones. But still going with first ones, for more than 5 years like you. Some battle scars on the front plate, but still holds strong. This is great product! Just if I want to try another new pads, usualy must switch to smaller knee pads from Bauer, but then it is day and night for knees.

Edited by mik
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This has most likely been covered already but are there any new leg pads out now that don't require you to wear knee pads?

I'm a dinosaur and love my JRZ Itech's i got brand new a few years ago. Posted pics here when they came out of the box but the wear and tear is starting to mount up. I guess I could just go old school again but really like the weight reduction of todays stuff. 

1 hour ago, Scythe said:

This has most likely been covered already but are there any new leg pads out now that don't require you to wear knee pads?

I'm a dinosaur and love my JRZ Itech's i got brand new a few years ago. Posted pics here when they came out of the box but the wear and tear is starting to mount up. I guess I could just go old school again but really like the weight reduction of todays stuff. 

From the big guys? No. Wearing knee pads is practically mandatory. 

I'm sure Vaughn may be able to make a custom pad with thigh wraps, same with whatever smaller guys there are still left. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scythe said:

Technically you don’t have to wear knee pads with any but I would suggest wearing them with all 

one of my friends have some 3x pads that he doesn’t wear knee pads with and doesn’t have a problem with getting hit but I personally would not play without knee pads

• Like 1