We've all wanted to do it.

coopaloop1234

View from center ice shows it was more than just incidental contact - there's two jabs from Palola trying to push him off the post in the RVH.

First jab happens as the puck is passed under the goal line.  Armalis actually looked at ref for a pending call, saw nothing happening, got jabbed again, and decided to take action for himself.

Feel bad for the guy getting a concy.

• Like 1

Wow - concussion? Surprising considering he didn't give him a blocker shot. Maybe he hurt himself overselling it. Or maybe he's a cream puff. Anyways - as noted by @Chenner29 looks like the dude was being an assclown. Play stupid games - win stupid prizes. Hope he's alright... and learned his lesson.

Gloves aren't soft, they're not strange amalgamations of chunks of leather anymore.

It's been years since I've lost my temper on the ice in a way even close to this. I don't think I've ever been speared that I can recall. Hockey culture sure is full of "an eye for an eye" mentality though, even though that doesn't seem super acceptable in society.

Last time I saw anything this bad in a game it was a (former) cop that initiated it, go figure. Jumped one of my dudes behind the play for something that happened two years prior, long time to bide one's time.

I find it interesting that he was so concerned with popping the guy that he totally gave up on the play while hovering over him to the side - meanwhile the puck was squirting free out at the blueline. Then he kind of remembers he's supposed to be in net and the play is still going. Telling. Must have really not taken kindly to the rib shot. 

30 minutes ago, chile57 said:

Wow - concussion? Surprising considering he didn't give him a blocker shot. Maybe he hurt himself overselling it. Or maybe he's a cream puff. Anyways - as noted by @Chenner29 looks like the dude was being an assclown. Play stupid games - win stupid prizes. Hope he's alright... and learned his lesson.

https://www.svt.se/sport/ishockey/beskedet-efter-leksand-malvaktens-slag-han-har-fatt-en-hjarnskakning

Olli Palola pushed the goalkeeper with the tip of his club and then Mantas Armalis reacted by knocking an unprepared Palola.

The first reports after the game were that the forward had been taken to hospital and that he did not remember anything about the situation.

Now the forward has spoken out about the situation.

“It's a concussion, but nothing worse than that. I have already spoken to Armalis and the matter is settled, so it is unnecessary to comment more than that," he writes in a text message.

This is what Oskarshamn's team doctor Sadegh Dolatabadi says:

- We know he's had a concussion, so we'll see. I haven't received an update yet after that, he says and continues:

- We have X-rayed his skull. He was much better when he got to the hospital. He has gotten much better. It was normal concussion symptoms, I don't know more than that.

Armalis has been reported for the situation and risks punishment.

@keeperton I'm hip to the construction of equipment - I do play goalie after all (and consider myself a gear whore to boot (hence my involvement here)). 😉 Guess I'll respectively disagree regarding the eye for an eye thing being problematic for me personally (or even potentially globally). Probably a byproduct of people running amok on the daily and getting away with it sans repercussions. Gets old. Or maybe I'm old (and crotchety). Either way - I have to admit I enjoy me some comeuppance to restore balance to the force. But I will agree there is a point where things escalate too far. I don't think getting punched in the mouth for being a dick is one them.

Thanks for the translated backstory @coopaloop1234. Still tough for me to feel super sorry for this guy (he did spear him multiple times seemingly targeting a sensitive area). Its like this - if Brad Marchand got a concussion after acting a fool it'd be really tough to truly feel sorry for him. Granted - I don't revel in other's misfortune but actions have consequences. If we all did a better job of policing ourselves on the front end - there'd be less of a call to arms to do so on the back end.

Just one cranky and tired on the regular usually only half a man's opinion.

Edited by chile57