Gudlevskis Strapping

Max27

Interesting strapping from Isles AHL affiliate, the Sound Tigers, (Former, he left for the KHL this offseason) Goalie Kristers Gudlevskis.

He has 2 leather straps, the Lundy Loop with a Leather boot strap, and the stock 1x strapping. 
He switched to Prolaces later in the season over the CRS stretch lace which isnt pictured here but that isnt very interesting as Prolaces arent very rare.

I saw on MYBauer on the 1x customizer that you cant get leather straps anymore, so Im assuming that this is only available to the Pros

bridgeport-goalie-kristers-gudlevskis-70-during-the-ahl-hockey-game-KDKBAE.jpg

3 hours ago, Max27 said:

Interesting strapping from Isles AHL affiliate, the Sound Tigers, (Former, he left for the KHL this offseason) Goalie Kristers Gudlevskis.

He has 2 leather straps, the Lundy Loop with a Leather boot strap, and the stock 1x strapping. 
He switched to Prolaces later in the season over the CRS stretch lace which isnt pictured here but that isnt very interesting as Prolaces arent very rare.

I saw on MYBauer on the 1x customizer that you cant get leather straps anymore, so Im assuming that this is only available to the Pros

bridgeport-goalie-kristers-gudlevskis-70-during-the-ahl-hockey-game-KDKBAE.jpg

Good eye

Yea, you’re probably right. This a probably a pro stock option at this point.

On 1S, there were loops to add to straps. You could pop the on and off. 

Anyone with 1X, is it the same or no option for leather?

4 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Good eye

No spots on the 1X for anything but a bootstrap. 

It would not be that hard to add the pockets for mushroom straps. Of course a competent equipment manager could do it or a cobbler could add those pockets pretty quickly. You just have to find a seam to add them. Looking closer at the picture, you just have to pop that binding on the post side of the pad, and add either a pocket or just add the buckle side of the leather strapping. The other side is a bit harder to get to, and I have no idea what the back of this pad looks like. Again- competent equipment managers can figure out something if this could not be done at the factory.

I don’t think the leather strap is going to be dead for awhile. It’s not like toe straps and buckles, which are on the endangered species list and most people have either adopted skate lace or elastics. Leather straps have their place, especially if you want that super-loose feel on the strapping, which some still prefer. 

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Good eye

i watched a video from a jukka pekkolla, a bauer rep from finland, where he said there is the possibility to add a leather boot strap but that looked to be it

6 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

It would not be that hard to add the pockets for mushroom straps. Of course a competent equipment manager could do it or a cobbler could add those pockets pretty quickly. You just have to find a seam to add them. Looking closer at the picture, you just have to pop that binding on the post side of the pad, and add either a pocket or just add the buckle side of the leather strapping. The other side is a bit harder to get to, and I have no idea what the back of this pad looks like. Again- competent equipment managers can figure out something if this could not be done at the factory.

I don’t think the leather strap is going to be dead for awhile. It’s not like toe straps and buckles, which are on the endangered species list and most people have either adopted skate lace or elastics. Leather straps have their place, especially if you want that super-loose feel on the strapping, which some still prefer. 

i remember on the old 1x customizer from my bauer it was possible to get leathers instead, but he has 2 leather calf straps over stock 1x

14 hours ago, DL42 said:

he prob just did it himself, it ok to modify ur own equipment even when u r a pro.

they were fully integrated into the pad i saw them in person at the isles practice arena.

Archived