TGN's Living CCM EF Shield 2 C&A Deep Dive

TheGoalNet

Anyone have thoughts on sizing on these units? I’m 5’8 and wear a medium in Vaughn and Passau (although I actually added a row of belly blocks to the Passau). Size small being sold on FB and the seller recommended small being for 5’8 - 5’10. Side note - I like my arms short. 

On 12/16/2018 at 12:58 PM, Hockey3081 said:

Anyone have thoughts on sizing on these units? I’m 5’8 and wear a medium in Vaughn and Passau (although I actually added a row of belly blocks to the Passau). Size small being sold on FB and the seller recommended small being for 5’8 - 5’10. Side note - I like my arms short. 

Here's the sizing chart from the CCM catalog. I am 6'2" and wear an XL. I tuck too, so I use a unit with a long torso. I found this to be in line with the XL Brian's Optik I have too.

image.png.6f82c37e393d6d5c32464394b5c32a86.png

Goalie Monkey and Pure Hockey don't have anything better than that on info.

• 2 weeks later...

With some great recommendations from @TheGoalNet I snagged this CCM Extreme Flex Shield II Senior Pro Chest Protector in white. I tried several different vendors in Toronto and all were sold out. Finally found this at Prohockey Life at in Vaughn Mills. If you want the white they are not heavily stocked and I not hearing about reorders. 

First impressions after first game:

1. Very light and fairly mobile out of the box. 

2. Neck area can be adjusted by moving the shoulder straps. Floaters are very customizable to help with movement of your mask. 

3. No major slap shots to the arms or chest so can’t comment on protection just yet but I’m assured this is a major upgrade from my Warrior Ritual GT Senior chest protector where I receive many stingers in the arms. 

4. Wear this untucked. Flap at bottom is flexible to cover part of jock/lower abdomen or fold up to not interfere. 

5. Love the look of the white.  We’ll see how it holds up to dirt, sweat etc.  All I need now is a Stormtrooper Helmet to complete my Star Wars costume ; )

6. Arms- move well in the wrist, elbow areas.  Raising your arm above your head I find the shoulder plate gets snagged at times.  Still breaking in that area.

7.  No fear in this chesty. Bring on the slap shots.  

8. Fit, very customizable with the shoulders, neck, floaters and chest/rib area.  I wear it nice and snug but you can wear it looser to provide more air and size.  Feels like lots of extra rib protection.  

Final Thought:

Really happy with the purchase and would recommend.  Including some pic comparisons with my Warrior chesty.

BB627D70-AF0A-4768-B254-8704217ECD63.jpeg

2D06B3CC-2EBA-4C7D-A829-115EC1613A22.jpeg

6E4E8CF0-BF4D-4AEB-BC2A-DE97EBF8E28F.jpeg

E2A0DCB6-A210-4932-B9A1-BF3EBBAB34DB.jpeg

7A4E3903-343E-46AC-B181-219705B73785.jpeg

8C4CA12A-5653-4AD5-81C3-87FC3F0C9C0B.jpeg

5EC8E363-CDB6-41B5-BF39-F5D8BDBCE635.jpeg

FF677216-522D-42C0-84DB-A550EF2081C7.jpeg

D604F27B-D5DB-4F68-BEDA-6242EA4E0012.jpeg

@Adam Cooper I hate Pro Hockey Life, I can't stand hat store, that's why they are over stocked and can't sell shit, they got equipment from 2 years ago.  The great thing about other stores like Dukes is that they will give you a discount, 15 to 20 percent at least.  I went with the Premiers myself, they may look bulky but not very stiff and they "break in" so fast!  They extra coverage is great.

Looks good on you, may sit on you a little too high though from the picture.

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

@Adam Cooper I hate Pro Hockey Life, I can't stand hat store, that's why they are over stocked and can't sell shit, they got equipment from 2 years ago.  The great thing about other stores like Dukes is that they will give you a discount, 15 to 20 percent at least.  I went with the Premiers myself, they may look bulky but not very stiff and they "break in" so fast!  They extra coverage is great.

Looks good on you, may sit on you a little too high though from the picture.

I hear you. Dukes is my go to place and I actually called them first as I knew they sold this chesty. They sold out after Boxing Day. They said they did not anticipate any more of this white model coming in.  

Default was Pro Hockey Life and I  had no idea they had a boxing week sale for 15% off and this product qualified.  Thank goodness as this thing is very pricey. 

Agree on the neck height here in th pic.  I had to lower the neck as it was interfering with my mask chin. 

I tried on the Premier and Warrior see pics below. I found the shoulders a bit too big for me and the arms were not as flexible. I had it and the Vaughn Velocity as my runner ups. Since I already own a Warrior chesty wanted to try a new brand. 

87FEB34C-EB57-4DF3-9A49-A144F3BC956F.jpeg

4C7C6D35-EF03-4A10-929A-6BEFA5B94D96.jpeg

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

@Adam Cooper have you crouched or b-flyed with the e-flex on yet? Seems like the neck line might be an issue seeing how high it sits compared to like 90% of all other chest pads.

I've only used mine 3 or 4 times, but I have had some of the neckline issues that you fear. I need to adjust it some more and play with it.

25 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I've only used mine 3 or 4 times, but I have had some of the neckline issues that you fear. I need to adjust it some more and play with it.

What issue? What collar are you useing?

i barely adjusted mine out of the box and have had no issues

3 hours ago, RichMan said:

@Adam Cooper have you crouched or b-flyed with the e-flex on yet? Seems like the neck line might be an issue seeing how high it sits compared to like 90% of all other chest pads.

This chesty is so customizable that you can wear this neck so tight you don’t need a neck guard or you can really lower it so your mask chin has no interference. You can also push down the neck area as shown below. I did not do that for my game as it was not necessary. You can also adjust the floaters so they wrap more around your shoulder. Pics below with straps. 

F2678F00-437C-4906-ADDE-51A399662746.jpeg

C43A2CD2-564B-4EA4-8BEC-DC1D8954EC26.jpeg

A96F25AB-52F0-4AE9-A86E-AED45AD0DF50.jpeg

93856AAB-D22F-4D39-9EBF-1A62FED17668.jpeg

On 12/29/2018 at 12:04 PM, TheGoalNet said:

What issue? What collar are you useing?

i barely adjusted mine out of the box and have had no issues 

The high neckline of the unit is causing the collar to rise up and bump into my neck, especially when bending forward. No other collar is being used.

Used it straight out of the box and had some issues. Adjusted the chest height via the velcro straps, but it only helped a little bit. Need to play around some more.

• 2 months later...

Archived