CCM Design Contest

TheGoalNet

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎26 at 11:05 PM, cwarnar said:

IMG_0654.PNG

Thanks to all who submitted a design- there where at least 6 designs that my son appreciated!

However the winner is Cawarnar with his design above!

4 hours ago, Big2 said:

Thanks to all who submitted a design- there where at least 6 designs that my son appreciated!

Thanks, he as great taste!!! I definitely like the Eflex 3 graphic compared to the previous ones.  One thing I will say, 3 color is far better on the graphic than 2.  Can't wait to see how they come out!!!

25 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Thanks, he as great taste!!! I definitely like the Eflex 3 graphic compared to the previous ones.  One thing I will say, 3 color is far better on the graphic than 2.  Can't wait to see how they come out!!!

I will contact you offline to claim your prize 

are you on Instagram? If so, please send me your username 

5 hours ago, Big2 said:

We expect a nice review once these have been put through the paces! 

• 1 month later...

Guys regret to inform you that my son will not be going with the CCM Eflex3 combo. After 3 demos he couldn't get around how he felt in them, he did however like the speedskin.

He will be going back to Brians, his 3rd set of Gnetics and they will be customized to his school colors. As soon as we pull the trigger, within a couple of days I will post his design.

16 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Whoa whoa whoa! 

We ended up with Brian's instead of CCM? 

What happened?

You like what you like. Even with whiz bang features, if you don't like a pad, you just don't. 

Now- if Brian's had Speedskin, THAT would be something!

18 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

You like what you like. Even with whiz bang features, if you don't like a pad, you just don't. 

Now- if Brian's had Speedskin, THAT would be something!

I am sure, but I want to hear the story of why he changed. Did he demo them, just see them in the store, etc 

If I am a betting man, Brian's will do their own version of a sliding material with whatever replaces the SZ3 

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am sure, but I want to hear the story of why he changed. Did he demo them, just see them in the store, etc 

If I am a betting man, Brian's will do their own version of a sliding material with whatever replaces the SZ3 

I know, and we'll read it, fo sho!

I have a funny feeling he just likes Brian's being on his third set. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response we where on vacation - first my son changed his mind after a couple of demos, the only thing that he appreciated on the CCM was the speedskin. My sons did not like how the pads felt in the bfly position, the CCM pads have a more pronounced bend on the top section than he is used to. Having a wide bfly his pads are fairly straight, single knee break and no bend on the top half.

Finally two other points, my sons pads will be all weave which he currently has on his set of Passau pads which supposedly slides a bit better than regular genpro. But the final kicker where the lead times for a custom set 12 ++ weeks, I would have waited 8 weeks but at the end we where able to get the Brians in 6 weeks.

You add up all of the above and for us the decision was easy, Brians! As soon as we get them I will post a picture with all the specs.

1 hour ago, Big2 said:

Sorry for the delayed response we where on vacation - first my son changed his mind after a couple of demos, the only thing that he appreciated on the CCM was the speedskin. My sons did not like how the pads felt in the bfly position, the CCM pads have a more pronounced bend on the top section than he is used to. Having a wide bfly his pads are fairly straight, single knee break and no bend on the top half.

Finally two other points, my sons pads will be all weave which he currently has on his set of Passau pads which supposedly slides a bit better than regular genpro. But the final kicker where the lead times for a custom set 12 ++ weeks, I would have waited 8 weeks but at the end we where able to get the Brians in 6 weeks.

You add up all of the above and for us the decision was easy, Brians! As soon as we get them I will post a picture with all the specs.

If he's getting white on the inner gusset, he should do Primo instead of weave. That's an exclusive Brian's material and slides better than weave. Halak and Raanta have this set up. 

IMG_7580.PNG

Archived