Looking to try different pads - help

Hockey School Dropout

So, I've been in my Bauer One80s for about 6-7 years now.  I'd like to try something different.  The Bauers have a nice wide leg channel and they've been shaped with a pretty aggressive S to help cover my 5-hole since I have a pretty narrow butterfly.  

While at the local Play It Again Sports for my daughter (to get a new used set for her) I saw some CCMs and Vaughns (not sure what model) that were in decent shape and 31+1 size (31+1.5 for the CCM I think).  A quick toss on the leg test and they seem pretty good size wise.  They are both in really good shape, and relatively cheap ($150 for the CCM, $130 for the Vaughn).

Any suggestion on which I should check out?  Both have a pretty narrow leg channel, so my Passau knee pads would be a no go.   I'm a "hybrid" goalie I guess.  I do stand up style and butterfly style.

Thanks!

On 1/18/2019 at 9:03 PM, Hockey School Dropout said:

So, I've been in my Bauer One80s for about 6-7 years now.  I'd like to try something different.  The Bauers have a nice wide leg channel and they've been shaped with a pretty aggressive S to help cover my 5-hole since I have a pretty narrow butterfly.  

While at the local Play It Again Sports for my daughter (to get a new used set for her) I saw some CCMs and Vaughns (not sure what model) that were in decent shape and 31+1 size (31+1.5 for the CCM I think).  A quick toss on the leg test and they seem pretty good size wise.  They are both in really good shape, and relatively cheap ($150 for the CCM, $130 for the Vaughn).

Any suggestion on which I should check out?  Both have a pretty narrow leg channel, so my Passau knee pads would be a no go.   I'm a "hybrid" goalie I guess.  I do stand up style and butterfly style.

Thanks!

How tall are you? 31 seems a tiny bit small, but if it fits than it fits. Also if you have the money, you could get custom Brian’s pads, they will do anything. You can get a wide leg channel and aggressive S curve. If you don’t have the money, I would suggest trying stuff out at the store to get an idea of the let channel and the butterfly

I'm 5'6" - 5'7" depending on time of day.  I am currently in 32+1 pads.  Partially, I want to try some different styles of pads to see what I might like for getting new ones in the future.  The other reason is my pads don't slide too well and just sitting on the floor they flop forward on to the face.  Basically, I just want to try something new.  :)

On 1/21/2019 at 4:54 PM, Hockey School Dropout said:

I'm 5'6" - 5'7" depending on time of day.  I am currently in 32+1 pads.  Partially, I want to try some different styles of pads to see what I might like for getting new ones in the future.  The other reason is my pads don't slide too well and just sitting on the floor they flop forward on to the face.  Basically, I just want to try something new.  :)

I would take a look at the gnetik 4’s, since they are also custom you can get from a 30 plus whatever thigh rise size to a 38 plus whatever size thigh rise 

On 1/21/2019 at 5:54 PM, Hockey School Dropout said:

I think the One80's in 32+1 were still a Senior pad, a 31 is most likely going to be intermediate.  Just something to keep in mind.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:05 PM, jayluv54 said:

I think the One80's in 32+1 were still a Senior pad, a 31 is most likely going to be intermediate.  Just something to keep in mind.

Yeah, I was back the other day and they were both intermediate.  I've made a couple adjustments to my current setup and have faired better in my last two games, so......maybe back burner for a bit.

Archived