Bauer 1S Knee Pads

TheGoalNet

Wore the Bauer 1S knee pads I purchased from @Mroy31 today 

I love the shape of this knee pad style. I found the knee pads to be softer on my knees than 1X. However, I did have a couple of firm landings. 

After 1 skate, these felt more natural to me than 1X and I’ll probably give these a couple more skates 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Wore the Bauer 1S knee pads I purchased from @Mroy31 today 

I love the shape of this knee pad style. I found the knee pads to be softer on my knees than 1X. However, I did have a couple of firm landings. 

After 1 skate, these felt more natural to me than 1X and I’ll probably give these a couple more skates 

Good man! I'm still surprised Bauer didn't make minor tweaks to keep it going instead of these ridiculous landing spots.  I'm happy I found a new pair. My 3rd. 

Interesting that you like them. This version gets mostly terrible reviews. I had them and really hated them myself. Found the floating section to be way too stiff and flared so it interfered with my pants and knee wing. Also landings were extremely harsh (although that was with 1S pads at the time which had stiff landings to begin with). Of course you may have a completely different experience and it’s interesting to hear another take on them. 

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

@Punisher Goalie it's weird for me to see people saying they were too flared and interfered with anything. Maybe it was my pair, but they were one of the more contoured knee pads I tried. 

QC could certainly have contributed. I remember seeing a review somewhere where the writer said he used heat to mould the Curv into a slimmer shape. 

2 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

@Punisher Goalie it's weird for me to see people saying they were too flared and interfered with anything. Maybe it was my pair, but they were one of the more contoured knee pads I tried. 

This are def wider than my the Brian’s Pro II, but they’re not like the CCM Swiss ones or anything. 

This are still firm, but softer than 1X to me. 

Min fairness, these are used and my 1X are new. So maybe that’s contributing? 

I also have a completely wide open knee area 

@TheGoalNet @Punisher Goalie One thing I just thought of and might be nothing, but mine did come with my 1S set, packed in with everything else. Maybe that compressed them a bit more than retail ones?

Either way, I would still agree that anything bulkier than these would be tough to deal with. Like the V7s, good knee pads but tougher to close your fivehole

3 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Interesting that you like them. This version gets mostly terrible reviews. I had them and really hated them myself. Found the floating section to be way too stiff and flared so it interfered with my pants and knee wing. Also landings were extremely harsh (although that was with 1S pads at the time which had stiff landings to begin with). Of course you may have a completely different experience and it’s interesting to hear another take on them. 

27 reviews at 4.7 not too bad. I don't find them bulky at all compare to the ccms which I couldn't move in, they are soft in the landing area as well. 

Screenshot_20190126-184023_Chrome.jpg

@Mroy31 @mr_shifty1982 Don’t mean to cause confusion, but I was talking about the 1S model that was included with the 1S pads. At least I thought I was. 

I may be confusing myself here, but the issue with the ones I had was the small circle of Poron was really poorly placed, making landings really stiff and doubly uncomfortable because I knew would land awkwardly on the Poron. I’ve briefly owned and tried the “regular” supreme model with the yellow liner. Had no problem with the landing on those, but the top sections would not stay up for me.

Example of a bad review I remember reading at the time from @Hills on another forum:

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/topic/69588-bauer-supreme-1s-od1n-knee-pads/

Perhaps “terrible” was an exaggeration on my part, but on the comfort issue, he had the same problems I did. I promise I didn’t come here to trash these, I just found it interesting considering how much I did not like them. If they work for @TheGoalNet or others that’s all that matters!

I own a pair of the Bauer 1S knee guards as well. Playing mostly roller and having a wide butterfly I mainly used thigh boards attached to my pads, but with playing ice more and skating with the NCAA team a few times, I felt knee guards were necessary. Coming from no knee guards at all I didn't want something overly bulky but wanted the protection, got these for a good deal. While seeming bulky at first, I now love my pair! I tape them to keep them from moving and they seem to sit well in most positions with my pads. As mentioned I have a pretty wide butterfly so I havnt been hit yet, but Im confident these would provide adequate protection.

Archived