Flyers Installing an Expanding Scoreboard

MTH

Just read today that the Well Fargo Center in Philly is installing this before next fall:

https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmi.comcastspectacor.com%2Fp%2Frp%2F2e8602e99b8a1649.png%3Fmi_u%3D21257768&t=1549903982&ymreqid=61048bc0-d1b9-6d43-2fc8-e70030010000&sig=nODhpIhVy2FGB6CNSfawbg--~C

So the non stop blast of ads and videos on the three rings of video boards, and the current scoreboard isn't enough... not to mention you're sitting in a building named after a company... but this? 

It's too much. The whole experience of going to a game was already not about the game, this will be the straw for me.

The moving ring of lights too. They already play fake crowd noise during times they want to hear noise.

Who actually likes this?

Ever been to a NLL (Indoor lacrosse game) game? The pump loud music the entire time. After 3 minutes, the music and all just becomes white noise and you're on your phone looking at used gear on eBay.

If they want fans to watch the game, they should install cell phone data blockers in the place. 

Holy shit, I'm old.

2 hours ago, MTH said:

The moving ring of lights too. They already play fake crowd noise during times they want to hear noise.

Who actually likes this?

Ever been to a NLL (Indoor lacrosse game) game? The pump loud music the entire time. After 3 minutes, the music and all just becomes white noise and you're on your phone looking at used gear on eBay.

If they want fans to watch the game, they should install cell phone data blockers in the place. 

Holy shit, I'm old.

Whoa there, back up man... where did you get the idea that management/ownership gives a damn about what fans are doing after they've bought tickets...? LOL!

But I agree there's too much extraneous sensory stimulation. I remember going to games at the old Forum, when you had to pay attention because there was no giant screen with replays, and because pucks could more easily fly into the crowd and impose facial makeovers on the inattentive.

Viewing of any kind was of course was made more challenging by the fact that smoking was allowed in the Forum back then, so it was all through a permanent haze of Du Maurier and John Player smog. But I turned out ok... oh, right - except for the being a goalie thing.

Archived