New Pads

TTG_7

SO,  I've been considering getting new goalie pads, due to my current ones being too small. I've looked at multiple sets and compared them, and i'm currently looking into getting a set of Brians Subzero 7.0's. I really like them, but ive only heard from 2 people with these pads, and I've heard lots of good things, but I need to know all the pros and cons. I was hoping I could get some more info about them and how they hold up before I go ahead and get a set. Thanks

On 5/22/2017 at 6:48 PM, TTG_7 said:

SO,  I've been considering getting new goalie pads, due to my current ones being too small. I've looked at multiple sets and compared them, and i'm currently looking into getting a set of Brians Subzero 7.0's. I really like them, but ive only heard from 2 people with these pads, and I've heard lots of good things, but I need to know all the pros and cons. I was hoping I could get some more info about them and how they hold up before I go ahead and get a set. Thanks

What level of hockey do you play? I have seen them many times at total hockey and they look solid for the price point 

Not sure if this will help as I have the previous model,6.0 but I picked them up on a blowout deal about year ago. For the money they're amazing, love the strapping or lack of actually. They've held up to a fair amount of play 2-4 hours a week year round. The only " failure" just occurred and that was the cord on the boot suffered some wear. This is a skate issue as the pad materials are all excellent quality. I also have RBK Pro Zones, the quality isn't quite there with the Brian's compared to the ProZones. However, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again, retail price being about half, quality of materials and craftsmanship about 90%+ of RBK. That's my opinion, I have no knowledge of actual materials used over the senior pad vs pro. It's hard to swap back to RBK's and I love those pads. That's a huge thumbs up for me,I try but usually the next skate I'm wearing the Brian's again. Lightweight,slide way better than ProZones and they should as RBK's are double break,more hybrid. So easy to put on, zero rotation problems once I sorted out the pants needing more room in the knee area. Simply loosened everything up and issue gone. 

My PZ's I purchased new in 2011, lots of ice with them from B league to lots of pickup. I don't expect the Brian's to last and look as good as the RBK's 6 years later but..... with the deal I got from Monkey, if I threw them out today I still got the better deal.

No cons as far as I'm concerned, adjustment time, yes

Pros, great pad and quality for price, fast on,slide and rotate perfect. I'm old,50's and can close the five hole with these. Had to get double break with Reeboks to do it.

Id say buy them, if the size is right and the colors are right,the price and quality is too.

Mine are 33+2,both sets, and measure the same,knee maybe a hair lower on Reebok

3 hours ago, DALV1 said:

Of course I just realized you were asking the folks at Brian's not me. My bad

Hey DALV1, I'm pretty new to this interface, and I'm not sure how to direct things to people, so no concern, I was trying to ask openly to the public community, and thanks for posting the comment! I really appreciate the input, and although they aren't exactly the same model, it still helps alot, putting different things into consideration, so thanks alot for filling me in on the pros and cons, have a good one. :-)

20 hours ago, TTG_7 said:

Hey DALV1, I'm pretty new to this interface, and I'm not sure how to direct things to people, so no concern, I was trying to ask openly to the public community, and thanks for posting the comment! I really appreciate the input, and although they aren't exactly the same model, it still helps alot, putting different things into consideration, so thanks alot for filling me in on the pros and cons, have a good one. :-)

Anyone can respond

if you want Brian's attention, add @Brians_Joz inside your post 

Chris is fantastic about responding and a true asset to what we're building here 

• 1 year later...

I had a set of Gnetik 5.0's back in the day.  Like DALV said, I was 100% satisfied with the quality given what I paid.  With that said I did take a pretty major hit on resale, because like you're contemplating I bought towards the end of the product's life cycle as opposed to early on.   Depending on when you're thinking of moving on from this set and the price of each, it may make more sense to look at the Optik 9.0's.  Either way, my experiance left me feeling like Brian's senior level legpads are really well made and a great value.

On 5/23/2017 at 1:48 AM, TTG_7 said:

take a look on SidelineSwap.com they always have great deals there.

Archived