503 Jerseys- RECOMMENDED

I am always looking for something to add to the collection. Can’t find a goalie cut North Stars, but found California Seals and Hartford Whalers (notice a theme? I want green!). I know they are most likely Chinese, but are the sweaters decent quality or junk that would not last?  

Wait time for the cut and sew letters and numbers is 4-6 weeks on these. No sublimation. 

Is that the site with the quality assurance statement:

Fully pleasure yours for product quality, in real size pro stitch good not undone! If satisfaction not superior, replied business package re-credit yours 😁😍😸

Just send them your bank account number -LOL!

No idea about this site, Devil Bunny.Those jerseys sound très groovy though.

10 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Is that the site with the quality assurance statement:

Fully pleasure yours for product quality, in real size pro stitch good not undone! If satisfaction not superior, replied business package re-credit yours 😁😍😸

Just send them your bank account number -LOL!

No idea about this site, Devil Bunny.Those jerseys sound très groovy though.

I smelled the ginger and soy. I’d rather buy genuine, but sheesh- nobody is making genuine, licensed versions in a goalie cut, or even a 4-5x! Besides- the genuine are made in China, as well; the only way to get Canadian sweaters is to buy pro stock. The existing pro stock  from those days are probably in a museum. Can’t even get older versions of North Stars sweaters uncrested; they only have the ones with black and I can’t find a 89-91 crest. I can find a early years through 89 crest. My second preference is a loose crest sewn onto a nice, Athletic Knit or Canadian made Kobe sweater. 

I am of course trying to see if I would be wasting $90 on junk that will fall apart, or worse- weigh 90 pounds the minute I start to sweat!

Thanks for the answer.

2 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I smelled the ginger and soy. I’d rather buy genuine, but sheesh- nobody is making genuine, licensed versions in a goalie cut, or even a 4-5x! Besides- the genuine are made in China, as well; the only way to get Canadian sweaters is to buy pro stock. The existing pro stock  from those days are probably in a museum. Can’t even get older versions of North Stars sweaters uncrested; they only have the ones with black and I can’t find a 89-91 crest. I can find a early years through 89 crest. My second preference is a loose crest sewn onto a nice, Athletic Knit or Canadian made Kobe sweater. 

I am of course trying to see if I would be wasting $90 on junk that will fall apart, or worse- weigh 90 pounds the minute I start to sweat!

Thanks for the answer.

I hear ya, brother. And sorry for my unhelpful post; I'm just being an arse...

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I hear ya, brother. And sorry for my unhelpful post; I'm just being an arse...

I may have to plunk down the $90 for the “please your pleasure wonderful sew no glue letter crest and number crest logos quality very nice” sweaters.

Looking the site over along with the FaceCrack page, it looks like the company is very much an American-based company, though I am certain they use an overseas-based manufacturer for their jerseys. This still does not answer my questions as far as whether or not the sweaters are of high-quality, or if they stay on target for their lead times, or if they are prone to making mistakes and whether or not they stand behind their work. 503 is for their Oregon-based phone area code (which I have found that style of branding to be a bit cheezy), and there is a physical telephone number to contact (though phoning it may lead to a perpetually full voicemail box), so it seems that they could possibly be legit.

If I could get a teal shell without it being a custom order and thusly costing a MINT , that early Golden Seals sweater would be mine! I almost wonder if either John Brown OR Eagle/Vaughn has teal nylon, come to think of it. I would wear white goalie pads to commemorate the fact that they used to order the team’s skates in WHITE. I think I will get an equally crazy yellow Chuck Finley-era home sweater and wear a green shell on my breezers with that sweater. Always liked Gilles Meloche, who had a pretty long career in goal, sporting the green sweaters in both California and Minnesota. 

12 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Hey, for what it's worth I got a chuckle out of it.

He has the ”Chinglish” down.

I am meaning absolutely no disrespect when I use that word. I had a discussion with my Japanese brother-in-law about the butchered English by both Chinese and Japanese in product brochures and instructions once. Due to both the reverence in speech with regards to people you do business with and the literal translation from the languages, that is how instructions can be a laugh riot and not instructional AT ALL. My brother-in-law makes his daily bread by translating legal documents so that parties are taken seriously in the USA and are respectful enough for the Japanese. We native English speakers tend to speak and write in a very informal means. 

• 1 month later...

Sweater looks good; sleeves too skinny. This has about 4” of material to be used to expand the sleeves. All is not lost!

Second pic shows how the CA arm overfills the sleeve of the sweater. Justin at 503 Sports said he’d spec my sleeve wider on my North Stars sweater. 

8E434B43-2BDC-4B7A-B1DE-009A083B4B9D.jpeg

47F73B7E-1E20-4A48-8C0E-6961C4D696FB.jpeg

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

These are one offs?

Each is custom ordered to a degree. They have regular offerings. They will custom build but have templates. Mine took five weeks. Unfortunately my Whalers will need alterations but my Stars won’t. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had 6” added to the sleeves  and had the body taken up 4” on the Seals sweater. Is not a water proof material, but did not weigh down too badly with sweat. The rink felt like it was 100F in there, but the sweater was fine.

Dustin from 503 assured me that future iterations of the 5X “goalie cut” will feature wider sleeves from my recommendation. 

In all- they are nice people to deal with and have an affordable alternative to the boring goalie cut jersey, having lots of cool, defunct teams represented. If you are into vintage XFL or USFL, they have you covered, as well. 

I also got my North Stars jersey; unfortunately I have to have the sleeves widened. Dustin credited my account for the flub. Great customer service, as well.

E6C7802F-4FA4-41B6-9E75-E41C90A5CDEC.jpeg

5CB0ED80-B0A7-4BE7-AE93-B7BC4C7D94A5.jpeg

I went with Beaupre for the North Stars. I may have to get a Karri Takko sweater and use up one of my Hunter Green shells. For those not in the know, Karri Takko used a pair of dark green Koho goalie pants with a single yellow stripe that did not match the other players’ breezers.

I love these uniforms. I did not for the longest time only from the fact these guys were always eliminating my Blues in either the first or second round of the playoffs seemingly every year, but the unis were cool as hell!!! It took the North Stars changing uniforms and moving to Texas to win a Cup, after all!  

This one will also be in the capable hands of Sandi the seamstress. Bonus fact about Sandi: her grandson is also a goalie.

6B7862DC-F6FF-4D92-8B94-ED11E16323B5.jpeg

F8EC7892-9856-4F09-8C37-4D5FAD5B9500.jpeg

On 7/1/2019 at 1:16 PM, bunnyman666 said:

I had 6” added to the sleeves  and had the body taken up 4” on the Seals sweater. Is not a water proof material, but did not weigh down too badly with sweat. The rink felt like it was 100F in there, but the sweater was fine.

Dustin from 503 assured me that future iterations of the 5X “goalie cut” will feature wider sleeves from my recommendation. 

In all- they are nice people to deal with and have an affordable alternative to the boring goalie cut jersey, having lots of cool, defunct teams represented. If you are into vintage XFL or USFL, they have you covered, as well. 

I also got my North Stars jersey; unfortunately I have to have the sleeves widened. Dustin credited my account for the flub. Great customer service, as well.

E6C7802F-4FA4-41B6-9E75-E41C90A5CDEC.jpeg

5CB0ED80-B0A7-4BE7-AE93-B7BC4C7D94A5.jpeg

This is very helpful. I was wondering what size to choose. So should I call the phone # and request the extra 6" for the sleeves and have the body taken up 4"?

Just now, Paul Smachetti said:

This is very helpful. I was wondering what size to choose. So should I call the phone # and request the extra 6" for the sleeves?

5x is their “goalie cut”. I do believe they are going to now add the wider sleeves by default, but you can always email Dustin to confirm. I ordered my last gen North Stars sweater to have 6” wider sleeves and 4” shorter body. I’ve never tried phoning them, but you can spec everything you want in an email and he will send an invoice.  

Thanks for your help. Love the Seals jerseys esp. the gold. None of the sites I've looked at had the Meloche available in gold. I could've gone thru Boriz but I bought an old school N.E. Whalers AL Smith but the quality was poor. Flimsy material for the jersey.

8 minutes ago, Paul Smachetti said:

Thanks for your help. Love the Seals jerseys esp. the gold. None of the sites I've looked at had the Meloche available in gold. I could've gone thru Boriz but I bought an old school N.E. Whalers AL Smith but the quality was poor. Flimsy material for the jersey.

Happy to help :)

This is at least decent practise jersey material. Is it NHL game quality? No, but thus far, after one washing, it still feels the same as the day I had opened the package and Sandi has not indicated that I need to keep lots of thread to sew things back together. She is pretty blunt about whether or not something is worth altering. The coolest thing is that they also can do 100% custom from pictures at not much of an up charge.

Make certain you tell him Doug sent you.

Archived