Warrior Knee block replacement/repair

indykrap

Hey all,

Was about to start a bit of a mod project (adding maltese layer to knee block) when I noticed one of the knee blocks in my G3s were cracked. Has anyone experienced this?

Looks like a quick fix with some glue (not too deep), but wondering if this is something to worry about? I've had them for about eight months skating 1-2x a week on average.

Thanks!

IMG_1367.jpg

13 minutes ago, MangoRhinehart said:

I would look at replacing the cracked foam as well, since you already have the block  out.  Glue likely wouldn't hold for very long and eventually those are going to break completely through.  

Thanks for the suggestion and great idea! Do you know where I can find that kind of foam? Wouldn't be hard to cut/glue and assemble, I imagine.

On 7/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, bunnyman666 said:

Sara is so great to work with. 

Thanks for the suggestion! She absolutely was. Helped to explain the difference in the foams and process. Just put in the order now so I should receive them sometime in the next few weeks.

For now, I've got it glued together with some extra maltese on top, which is why I took these apart in the first place. Feels really comfortable and the next step up (base of LD45 and maltese top) will be even better.

I'll post here when done! Thanks all.

32 minutes ago, indykrap said:

Thanks for the suggestion! She absolutely was. Helped to explain the difference in the foams and process. Just put in the order now so I should receive them sometime in the next few weeks.

For now, I've got it glued together with some extra maltese on top, which is why I took these apart in the first place. Feels really comfortable and the next step up (base of LD45 and maltese top) will be even better.

I'll post here when done! Thanks all.

Sara is truly a gem. She is giving me a few hints on how to get my old Coopers playing again, as I am going for quite a renovation on those. We’ve coined the term “restorod” for them. 

She capably makes her own gear, as well.

I think you’ll be very pleased.

Blocks arrived today! 1” LD45 cut into the Warrior insert shape (on right in comparison pic)

I added a square of Maltese (butchered from some old Monster AKP inserts) on top, and fit these in. Very comfortable and stable, and super easy to swap out. Included is a pic of the “sandwich” of the Velcro sections all open - took maybe five minutes.

I did try the Maltese as an insert with the originals, but it was really tight. Still very comfortable for six hours of camp plus a game this past weekend, and a vast improvement. 

Looks like Warrior stock is 1” of a low density foam and a thin layer (1/4” or so) of a softer gel, but that really compressed on me. 

Really happy with these and the help from PAW!

5BF31218-3DAB-4108-B6E1-E9CB8703DFB9.jpeg

B54E04D3-C235-4D20-8AC1-9636BA042FC5.jpeg

Archived