Vaughn gloves custom

Max27

I was wondering if i could ask vaughn to clone me a set of Greiss spec gloves. I’ve been using a set of his pro return gloves for over a year now and i like them a lot but they’re beaten to hell. I want to try get them refurbished and have them as a backup set in the future but that’s a different topic. 

I believe in using what works and if you don’t have an issue with something there’s no need to change it. Besides how beaten up they are, ive had no complaints with the gloves. Could i order custom through Vaughn a Greiss spec V7 XF blocker and PVE glove?

3 hours ago, Max27 said:

I was wondering if i could ask vaughn to clone me a set of Greiss spec gloves. I’ve been using a set of his pro return gloves for over a year now and i like them a lot but they’re beaten to hell. I want to try get them refurbished and have them as a backup set in the future but that’s a different topic. 

I believe in using what works and if you don’t have an issue with something there’s no need to change it. Besides how beaten up they are, ive had no complaints with the gloves. Could i order custom through Vaughn a Greiss spec V7 XF blocker and PVE glove?

Hey Max,

you definitely could.  They obviously keep records of pro specs.  Which reminds me...what are the specs on these that you like?

If you know what Greiss uses, as in you have the specs listed out, you could just order the gloves with those rather than say Greiss, specifically.  They would probably ask you to specifically clarify what specs you want, anyway.  

There's going to be an upcharge for ordering older models.  I think they use current glove base price plus the upcharge. In my experience I think my V6 glove was an $85 upcharge from the VE8 base price.  It's possible that they won't add this for V7 stuff since it's only 1 generation back, whereas mine was 2 back.  Last I saw they still had V7 customizers on their website. 

There'll be upcharges for changes off of base specs, too.  Say the PVE glove has a nylon wrist strap and you want a leather buckle strap, which is something I always order.  That was $35 CDN for me on my VE8 glove order that I made recently (in Canada). 

You can definitely get Greiss gloves it's just a matter of handling the various upcharges. 

6 hours ago, seagoal said:

Hey Max,

you definitely could.  They obviously keep records of pro specs.  Which reminds me...what are the specs on these that you like?

If you know what Greiss uses, as in you have the specs listed out, you could just order the gloves with those rather than say Greiss, specifically.  They would probably ask you to specifically clarify what specs you want, anyway.  

There's going to be an upcharge for ordering older models.  I think they use current glove base price plus the upcharge. In my experience I think my V6 glove was an $85 upcharge from the VE8 base price.  It's possible that they won't add this for V7 stuff since it's only 1 generation back, whereas mine was 2 back.  Last I saw they still had V7 customizers on their website. 

There'll be upcharges for changes off of base specs, too.  Say the PVE glove has a nylon wrist strap and you want a leather buckle strap, which is something I always order.  That was $35 CDN for me on my VE8 glove order that I made recently (in Canada). 

You can definitely get Greiss gloves it's just a matter of handling the various upcharges. 

As far as i know, he has a stock PVE glove and a stock XF blocker. At least that’s what GGN told me when i sent pictures of them to him

I honestly don’t know what in specific i like because i don’t have much to compare it to. I’ve just been unable to find things i dislike besides recently I’ve gotten stingers on every palm shot but with a 1(+) year old glove that was used in the nhl for a part of the season before i used it a whole year it broke down. 

If i just ordered Greiss spec glove and blocker they would do it though?

41 minutes ago, Max27 said:

As far as i know, he has a stock PVE glove and a stock XF blocker. At least that’s what GGN told me when i sent pictures of them to him

I honestly don’t know what in specific i like because i don’t have much to compare it to. I’ve just been unable to find things i dislike besides recently I’ve gotten stingers on every palm shot but with a 1(+) year old glove that was used in the nhl for a part of the season before i used it a whole year it broke down. 

Why not just order a stock PVE2 glove and VE8 blocker then? They won't differ too much from what you're using if what GGN told you is true.

Have you gone into a local shop to try gloves?

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Why not just order a stock PVE2 glove and VE8 blocker then? They won't differ too much from what you're using if what GGN told you is true.

Have you gone into a local shop to try gloves?

I’ll check the PVE2 and v8 out in the store and see if i like them

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

@Max27 speak to a retailer my man.  We can only answer so many questions here.  Craig Milner at Dukes Source for Sports is one of the Premier Vaughn guys out there.

Ah ok I’ll speak to him

2 hours ago, Max27 said:

Ah, ok. So then the real question is how exactly do Greiss gloves differ from stock and then is that even relevant to you.  I've had good experience with Vaughn on the phone.  You can always call and just talk (the Canada guys are nicer and more revealing than the US guys, it seems). 

Just say: I have these Greiss gloves. I like X, Y, and Z.  I want custom new gloves. How can I best recreate gloves like these with minimal changes to stock gloves?

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Ah, ok. So then the real question is how exactly do Greiss gloves differ from stock and then is that even relevant to you.  I've had good experience with Vaughn on the phone.  You can always call and just talk (the Canada guys are nicer and more revealing than the US guys, it seems). 

Just say: I have these Greiss gloves. I like X, Y, and Z.  I want custom new gloves. How can I best recreate gloves like these with minimal changes to stock gloves?

Ok, sounds good. Thank you

5 minutes ago, Max27 said:

I asked Vaughn on Instagram, they said they can just do a new pair of Greiss gloves for me. I’m going to check out the v8 and pve2019 in a store if i can but I’m gonna probably just get the Greiss glove set as new 

Nice, glad you got it figured out.  Are you getting new pads, too?

4 hours ago, seagoal said:

Nice, glad you got it figured out.  Are you getting new pads, too?

I’m probably getting new pads soon, still undecided. I have a lot of pads I’m looking at and not sure which is best for me. I’ve been reccomended the g4 senior model by Wack from pure goalie based off what i want in my pads and i think they will be a good fit because i can break them in to my liking 

Archived