2-on-1 Glove Save

Teezle

Love that the Texas flag is just barely lower than the American... and almost certainly higher than the Canadian.

Good patients... not sure if you actually trusted your d man to do his job and take that back door guy... but you held your position and stayed on your feet until the shot was released.

image.jpeg.a16be89e8ddb2b61426c90e2982563b3.jpeg

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

Very good patience and positioning.  Well done. 

What was your thought as that was developing.  Is it more of an "Uh oh" or "Here we go."  I'm always pretty positive and excited in my thoughts for these plays as I develop. 

Thanks! I’m usually pretty excited about these types of plays - makes me feel like I’m earning my keep when I make a solid stop haha. 

3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Love that the Texas flag is just barely lower than the American... and almost certainly higher than the Canadian.

Good patients... not sure if you actually trusted your d man to do his job and take that back door guy... but you held your position and stayed on your feet until the shot was released.

My wife said something once about the Texas state flag being special, somehow, because it was an independent country before being part of the USA, but that could just be bogus Texas history they teach down in the south. 

That defenseman is actually one of our better players, and he usually tries to take away the pass pretty well. He did knock the puck in off his skate in the third period (note: put your leg down on the ice behind the goal line, not in front of it), but we won 4-3 in the end, so it was forgivable.

30 minutes ago, Teezle said:

My wife said something once about the Texas state flag being special, somehow, because it was an independent country before being part of the USA, but that could just be bogus Texas history they teach down in the south. 

The period in question, regarding the statehood of Texas, is 1836-1845. A captured Mexican President Santa Anna was forced to sign the Treaties of Velasco, which brought an end to the Texas Revolution, as the moment Texas became an independent state. However, Mexico never ratified those treaties (arguing Santa Anna was coerced), which themselves never specifically mention Texas as seceding from Mexico; in combination with the inability of Texas to prevent the Mexican army from sending expeditionary forces into their territory after Treaties, the assertion that Texas achieved independent statehood is not particularly strong.

But I have no doubt that they teach otherwise.

Archived