New “reward” for the Timmy McTryhards...

bunnyman666

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MTH said:

My wife was at a rink and some beer league all star was bothering her. Bragging about beer league. She started texting me. I told her to ask him if his name was Tim McTryhard. 

No a beer league bragger is more likely a Danny Dangles, especially if he was bragging about his own exploits. 

On 10/31/2019 at 2:56 PM, bunnyman666 said:

Donny McDangles is my local beer league hero’s name. 

At our rink, his name is Mark. Usually up in the bar hours before and after his game. Mind you, over 40 C league is no joke...

I love this.

In one of my leagues, we have a goalie (I've never seen this ever, anywhere, ever), who goes full NHL every game. Puts on only his lower gear, including pads. Zips up a hoody and pulls it over his head. Headphones in. And just lunges over and over, behind the glass, so everyone can see him. It's such a try-hard move, and just wreaks of attention seeking.

I am a full-on proponent of preparation, for any game or practice, at any level. But do it at home dude. I get in my gym, stretch, mobilize, get myself ready, head to the rink. Lots of guys do a few stretches in the crease, behind the net or at the side boards - that's ok too. I used to do the same. I prefer to use warm-ups to move around, get warm, track shots, feel shots, just get game ready. Mobility before I head out the door.

Maybe I need to bring him a reward...

16 minutes ago, HP29 said:

I love this.

In one of my leagues, we have a goalie (I've never seen this ever, anywhere, ever), who goes full NHL every game. Puts on only his lower gear, including pads. Zips up a hoody and pulls it over his head. Headphones in. And just lunges over and over, behind the glass, so everyone can see him. It's such a try-hard move, and just wreaks of attention seeking.

Are you sure it isn't just Guillaume Duclair shooting a new video?

On 11/6/2019 at 9:01 AM, MTH said:

At our rink, his name is Mark. Usually up in the bar hours before and after his game. Mind you, over 40 C league is no joke...

I named my local rink’s rink hero. He works at a county jail as a guard. He is still in his 20s and is a cocky little tosser. 

On 11/6/2019 at 9:37 AM, HP29 said:

I love this.

I am a full-on proponent of preparation, for any game or practice, at any level. But do it at home dude. I get in my gym, stretch, mobilize, get myself ready, head to the rink. Lots of guys do a few stretches in the crease, behind the net or at the side boards - that's ok too. I used to do the same. I prefer to use warm-ups to move around, get warm, track shots, feel shots, just get game ready. Mobility before I head out the door.

Maybe I need to bring him a reward...

$149 is not bad for a great laugh...

Hockey with my normal Saturday afternoon crowd has been spotty at best; therefore- no award hand outs as of late...

The group I play with on Sunday nights has an average age of 45. We do have some younger guys in there, early to mid-twenties but luckily my presence offsets them (two at a time in some cases) in order to maintain the average.

Heading to the changeroom before one game I could hear the music blaring - something you don't hear from this group, so I assumed is one of the young ‘uns blasting the music before the game. Wrong: it was actually the other goalie - looking like he was about mid-forties - with his boom box on the table in the changeroom getting his gear set out while “rockin’ out” to ACDC and Guns N’ Roses.

Once his gear was set up, out came the yoga mat on which he proceeded to lie and stretch and twist to all sorts of strange contortions which looked like something that would cause a pretzel to go into spasms. These are not big change rooms and as the guys came in they had to gingerly step around his writhing carcass. Once finished he got dressed such that he was only missing his chest protector,  and gloves and mask at which point he grabbed two tennis balls and headed out to the hall, giving me a quick wink as he went by and saying “gotta get my hand eye coordination on!”

I guess the plan was to go full “two-balls-to-the-wall” Tretiak mode. From where I was sitting I could see in the hall and watched him go off to the right. After a couple seconds I heard “thud-thud-shit!” & saw the two balls roll by the door and off to the left with him in hot pursuit. Then a couple of seconds and “thud-thud-shit!” with the two balls rolling off to the right with him again taking chase. This went on about a half dozen times before he came back in, finished gearing up and headed to the ice. From my viewpoint it looked like something out of a Benny Hill skit. In the end I think he really impressed his biggest fan.

13 hours ago, Colander said:

The group I play with on Sunday nights has an average age of 45. We do have some younger guys in there, early to mid-twenties but luckily my presence offsets them (two at a time in some cases) in order to maintain the average.

Heading to the changeroom before one game I could hear the music blaring - something you don't hear from this group, so I assumed is one of the young ‘uns blasting the music before the game. Wrong: it was actually the other goalie - looking like he was about mid-forties - with his boom box on the table in the changeroom getting his gear set out while “rockin’ out” to ACDC and Guns N’ Roses.

Once his gear was set up, out came the yoga mat on which he proceeded to lie and stretch and twist to all sorts of strange contortions which looked like something that would cause a pretzel to go into spasms. These are not big change rooms and as the guys came in they had to gingerly step around his writhing carcass. Once finished he got dressed such that he was only missing his chest protector,  and gloves and mask at which point he grabbed two tennis balls and headed out to the hall, giving me a quick wink as he went by and saying “gotta get my hand eye coordination on!”

I guess the plan was to go full “two-balls-to-the-wall” Tretiak mode. From where I was sitting I could see in the hall and watched him go off to the right. After a couple seconds I heard “thud-thud-shit!” & saw the two balls roll by the door and off to the left with him in hot pursuit. Then a couple of seconds and “thud-thud-shit!” with the two balls rolling off to the right with him again taking chase. This went on about a half dozen times before he came back in, finished gearing up and headed to the ice. From my viewpoint it looked like something out of a Benny Hill skit. In the end I think he really impressed his biggest fan.

Great story telling!

This stuff is too funny.. there's some characters out there for sure..  i remember skating over to another goalie one night to make a little small talk.. i said hey how's it going?  He replied in this real serious tone .. good how are you. I was thinking to myself it's just pick up man.. lighten up Francis. 

1 hour ago, Scythe said:

This stuff is too funny.. there's some characters out there for sure..  i remember skating over to another goalie one night to make a little small talk.. i said hey how's it going?  He replied in this real serious tone .. good how are you. I was thinking to myself it's just pick up man.. lighten up Francis. 

Yeah- I play with one of those types at a Stick and Puck, no less! 

If I see him today, he may get the championship belt!  

7 hours ago, Scythe said:

LOL - I think I met the same fellow...

About a year ago I subbed for a group I had only played for once before. Despite this being shinny, they have a ref, team jerseys, dedicated changerooms (as I found out, if you are on the red side you DO NOT go into blue's changeroom) and keep stats. And believe me some of the guys are very concerned in the changeroom after the game that their stats get recorded correctly. I guess they think the shredder cares about their individual numbers.

Anyway, I played poorly that game and wasn’t really happy with myself - it didn’t help the other goalie had his game on. He did a fantastic job of stopping a number of cross ice conversions to one-timers. Despite my mood I went over to congratulate him (and hopefully get some tips on how he handled the 1Ts so well). After chasing him almost to the exit doors I caught him and said “hey great game man – you really shut down their one-timers!” He looked at me like I was speaking Latin and then with the most serious face I have ever seen he said “yes” and then headed off into the sunset.

I have found most goalies to be pretty easy going, but every so often you meet one named Dick...

3 minutes ago, Colander said:

LOL - I think I met the same fellow...

About a year ago I subbed for a group I had only played for once before. Despite this being shinny, they have a ref, team jerseys, dedicated changerooms (as I found out, if you are on the red side you DO NOT go into blue's changeroom) and keep stats. And believe me some of the guys are very concerned in the changeroom after the game that their stats get recorded correctly. I guess they think the shredder cares about their individual numbers.

Anyway, I played poorly that game and wasn’t really happy with myself - it didn’t help the other goalie had his game on. He did a fantastic job of stopping a number of cross ice conversions to one-timers. Despite my mood I went over to congratulate him (and hopefully get some tips on how he handled the 1Ts so well). After chasing him almost to the exit doors I caught him and said “hey great game man – you really shut down their one-timers!” He looked at me like I was speaking Latin and then with the most serious face I have ever seen he said “yes” and then headed off into the sunset.

I have found most goalies to be pretty easy going, but every so often you meet one named Dick...

Richard Cranium or was that Stuarto Pidasso?

Archived