Conners custom slide plates

longboarderj

My son needed some thing to help him move in the crease in the butterfly, especially since he's a little undersized....here's what I built:. 

The plates are made from the same plastic that roller fly uses but without the ball bearings.  I cut them to fit his pads with my scroll saw and beveled the edges with a belt sander to keep from catching on sport court, then attached them with industrial Velcro to keep from damaging the pad. 

I'm going to make a set for myself also as he slides as well with these as I do with roller fly.

Screenshot_20191105-104508~2.png

Screenshot_20191105-104532~2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What rink is that?  I think I played there back in college for the NCRHA Nationals in 04.

10 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Pretty crafty. 

I grew up playing at that roller rink. Some people would put Armor All on their pads so they could slide around.

I would flip the fuck out if I got on the rink and found the crease covered in Armor All.  People are so dumb.

Edit - I know nationals were held in the Anaheim area but I cannot find the name of the rink on the NCRHA website, it just lists Anaheim.  From what I remember I think it was in an industrial complex.  I just remember there being a lot of windows along the perimeter of the building.  You could see outside from the rinks.  Very different from most rinks I have ever played in which there were no windows at all.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

What rink is that?  I think I played there back in college for the NCRHA Nationals in 04.

I would flip the fuck out if I got on the rink and found the crease covered in Armor All.  People are so dumb.

Edit - I know nationals were held in the Anaheim area but I cannot find the name of the rink on the NCRHA website, it just lists Anaheim.  From what I remember I think it was in an industrial complex.  I just remember there being a lot of windows along the perimeter of the building.  You could see outside from the rinks.  Very different from most rinks I have ever played in which there were no windows at all.

Not sure if OP would want me to disclose as that's his kid in there.

Anaheim Hockey Club closed in the mid to late 00s, I think that's what you were thinking of.

2 big rinks side by side, divided by locker rooms on the ground floor, then stairs up to a long walkway/viewing area?

On 11/6/2019 at 5:15 PM, Chenner29 said:

Not sure if OP would want me to disclose as that's his kid in there.

Anaheim Hockey Club closed in the mid to late 00s, I think that's what you were thinking of.

2 big rinks side by side, divided by locker rooms on the ground floor, then stairs up to a long walkway/viewing area?

I'm not asking about the kid, what would him standing in front of a rink have to do with anything?  Anyways, yes, the rink you described sounds pretty close to what I remember.  I definitely remember the platform viewing area between the rinks and I remember the exterior walls having a lot of windows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I already use Rollerfly. It's a great product, especially when playing on wood or Sport Court floors. It has problems with more rubbery-type floors, and on concrete, it gets worn easily if I don't use the metal balls. Is there a product that can slide on rubbery floors, yet can be removed with ease to play ice hockey?