Can optik 2 max core still move with me

Jonathon v

So I been using gnetik 3 which has fairly loose strapping and it is very used and broken in and soft. My old pads were Bauer reactor 5000 int pads, which were the same vertical stiffness but surprisingly much stiffer torsionally when I flexed them at home yesterday. I want brains optik 2 just because I love the new strapping and the air pillow at the calf. (I am NOT going custom, just stock from store) I have flexed the optik 2 in store and it doesn’t feel too terribly stiff. Could I move around just as well as my gnetik 3 once broken in?

I don't have MAX core Optik2s to speak from, but I have standard flex profile GnetikIVs from standard flex G3ntiks to compare:

You're going to take a little getting used to on the thigh, I really think that's the main thing. The pad will be less torsional, since that's less the Optik line's thing. It sounds to me like you're used to the Brian's strapping methodology and also like it (I love it, personally), thus you'll be able to get them to move with your leg I would reckon. If you have the opportunity though, please try them on first at minimum. The biggest things that have affected how I feel a pad moves with my leg is how the knee is strapped and how the boot is strapped up.

@Jonathon v I fully respect that these are a big investment and buying the wrong thing blows... but I think you are overthinking this one a tad. The only pads on the market I would be scared for someone to use are Bauer 2S. It's not because they are bad, it's because they are legit 2 x 4's.

Everyone's definition of "stiff" and every brand's definition of stiff is different. Unless you play like Jonathan Quick, I think you will be just fine. Max core is not that stiff. It should be described more as stable.

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Jonathon v I fully respect that these are a big investment and buying the wrong thing blows... but I think you are overthinking this one a tad. The only pads on the market I would be scared for someone to use are Bauer 2S. It's not because they are bad, it's because they are legit 2 x 4's.

Everyone's definition of "stiff" and every brand's definition of stiff is different. Unless you play like Jonathan Quick, I think you will be just fine. Max core is not that stiff. It should be described more as stable.

Alrighty thanks. Only worried because I’m coming from incredibly soft pads

10 hours ago, keeperton said:

I don't have MAX core Optik2s to speak from, but I have standard flex profile GnetikIVs from standard flex G3ntiks to compare:

You're going to take a little getting used to on the thigh, I really think that's the main thing. The pad will be less torsional, since that's less the Optik line's thing. It sounds to me like you're used to the Brian's strapping methodology and also like it (I love it, personally), thus you'll be able to get them to move with your leg I would reckon. If you have the opportunity though, please try them on first at minimum. The biggest things that have affected how I feel a pad moves with my leg is how the knee is strapped and how the boot is strapped up.

Alright, Thanks for the help!

22 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

On a side note, I think the stock knee block is a medium stiffness. Should I just leave this since it’s laced in? I use a stiff knee block

Archived