Who can relace gloves?

tubby34

Curious, what people are out there that can relace gloves? I have a glove with a triple T that I'd like to relace with skate lace pocket, and after seeing everyone elses I've come to realize that.... well I relace my gloves like crap HAHAH

Wanted to make the triple T a floating skate lace pocket, and possibly relace the perimeter with skate lace as well. Seems simple enough and I've done it a bunch in the past. Just this time I guess I got cold feet.

Is there anyone who can do it well, and most importantly affordably. Figured a Black waxed skate lace pocket and perimeter will bring the amount of black I'd like to the glove.

Thanks!

Any pro-shop that does basic gear repairs should be able re-lace your glove for you. Depends on what's open right now, though.

Perimeter lacing is dead simple, if annoying/finicky to do. Pocket lacing might look complicated but it's basically three repeated motions. Might as well try doing it yourself if your rinks are closed.

16 hours ago, jfu91 said:

It's very straightforward. There are lots of good youtube videos to fallow along with

22 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Any pro-shop that does basic gear repairs should be able re-lace your glove for you. Depends on what's open right now, though.

Perimeter lacing is dead simple, if annoying/finicky to do. Pocket lacing might look complicated but it's basically three repeated motions. Might as well try doing it yourself if your rinks are closed.

I'm in south florida so not sure if there is a place that can do it here. I've done them before, but for some reason this Vaughn 5500 seems daunting. The Triple T really looks compliocated. A simple T would be no problem in the past.

Maybe I'm just over complicating it.

What about if you just played "follow the leader"? Pick an end, unknot it and as you pull it out, follow it with the skate lace. It seems to take a little more time and you have strings hanging out all over the place, but I did my first glove that way and it made it way less daunting.

Is perimeter meaning edges of the glove? It needs to be a tough cord there, skatelace will last only a short time if you rub your glove against ice.

For pocket the skate will go fine as we all know, and that follow the leader trick might work very well. 

And after all, it's redoable as long as you are willing to.

I have done this. Just be sure you study how the glove is laced. 

As far as getting lace, I have used Nash's toe bridge lace 4 pack (same type of lacing used that was easily available). Usually one pack (4 laces) is good enough for one glove, one piece or two piece. Note that I don't think that the laces are long enough to do a pocket tho. 

Archived