Stick molding?

Chrisblu32

I'm sure there's some sort of method out there to fix composite sticks. However it'll never be as strong as it originally was and I personally don't think it's worth your time and effort to see how it's gonna play out for you. Besides, having a miss-matched shaft might look terrible and probably won't be the same size.

12 minutes ago, Chrisblu32 said:

Thanks ULTIMA, I'm not too concerned about looks but the structural integrity was my main priority. I don't play the puck much or at all but I do have a few pucks hit the shaft a lot (weirdly enough haha)

If repaired properly, you will never know it was repaired, and it would be stronger than previously built. Though the engineered properties would be gone.  However- grafting two different shafts together could cause problems. Also- properly repairing the shaft will also make a new kick point. This could be an interesting exercise.  

It would not be that hard to graft another shaft, it would just be a LOT of work. 

3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

If repaired properly, you will never know it was repaired, and it would be stronger than previously built. Though the engineered properties would be gone.  However- grafting two different shafts together could cause problems. Also- properly repairing the shaft will also make a new kick point. This could be an interesting exercise.  

It would not be that hard to graft another shaft, it would just be a LOT of work. 

Okay, after some research I found something on amazon called "bison stick repair" and I'm going to try that. I also found a ccm ribcore shaft from a player's stick so I'm going to cut that and attach it to the paddle.

My teammates (players) usualy get their sticks repaired. I was told, that if goalie stick is broken in shaft, than it is no problem. If it is shattered in the paddle then it is not worth repairing.

Agree with bunny that flex and other charcterictics will be gone. But as an experiment or training stck, why not?

On 10/20/2017 at 1:17 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@Chrisblu32 - did you look up stick repair on google? If you live near a decent hockey shop, they might be able to fit it. Shaft repair is possible 

http://www.integralhockey.com/

I have not done that, but I will shortly. I'm fairly certain none of the shops around me repair sticks. Most of them I'm lucky if I get a decent skate sharpening haha

27 minutes ago, mik said:

My teammates (players) usualy get their sticks repaired. I was told, that if goalie stick is broken in shaft, than it is no problem. If it is shattered in the paddle then it is not worth repairing.

Agree with bunny that flex and other charcterictics will be gone. But as an experiment or training stck, why not?

Yeah the piece is broken roughly 8 inches above the paddle, so it is fixable from what I've seen. It'll definitely be something to experiment with

On 10/20/2017 at 1:17 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@Chrisblu32 - did you look up stick repair on google? If you live near a decent hockey shop, they might be able to fit it. Shaft repair is possible 

http://www.integralhockey.com/

I just took a look at integral hockey and sent them a message. There's a distributor only about an hour away.  Thanks for the hookup

11 minutes ago, Chrisblu32 said:

Yeah the piece is broken roughly 8 inches above the paddle, so it is fixable from what I've seen. It'll definitely be something to experiment with

Mine allways gets broken in the paddle :( ,  so no real experience with repairing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2017 at 2:44 AM, Chrisblu32 said:

That sucks. I've only been playing since March so I haven't had any of my sticks break yet

On 10/20/2017 at 3:09 AM, mik said:

Realy frustratig, you will learn the hard way over time. Just kidding. :D .

From my personal experience, the best way to make your sticks last is to use  a designated warm up stick to keep your game sticks from really getting beat up prematurely.  @Chrisblu32 if you're able to fix this stick it sounds like the perfect one to relegate to warm ups.

18 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

From my personal experience, the best way to make your sticks last is to use  a designated warm up stick to keep your game sticks from really getting beat up prematurely.  @Chrisblu32 if you're able to fix this stick it sounds like the perfect one to relegate to warm ups.

That's not a bad idea... Thank you for the suggestion

18 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

This is great solution. I just started to do this when my composite stick starts to be worn down. It helps a lot, because game stick gets only few shots in  game. Practice/warmup stick gets the beating :D

15 hours ago, mik said:

This is great solution. I just started to do this when my composite stick starts to be worn down. It helps a lot, because game stick gets only few shots in  game. Practice/warmup stick gets the beating :D

That's weird because for me it's the other way around haha. I'll take maybe 10 shots before a game for warmups and actually use my stick a lot during the game

7 hours ago, Chrisblu32 said:

That's weird because for me it's the other way around haha. I'll take maybe 10 shots before a game for warmups and actually use my stick a lot during the game

Yes stick is used a lot in game, but only some shots are realy hard to the stick or not?

Archived