G4 Replacement Palms

robinshane

On 12/3/2020 at 11:18 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Hockey Shop will have some. You'll have to call in though.

Many other Source for Sports shops may have them, or at the very least be able to bring them in easily enough for you.

I believe you can use the G5 palms on the G4 stuff, but I'm not 100% on that.

I got G4 and G5 replacement palms for my G3 gloves from Goalie Monkey. Shipped from the US, but it was fairly quick delivery considering.

G5 liners should work in your G4 gloves.

On 12/4/2020 at 6:42 PM, CJ Boiss said:

I got G4 and G5 replacement palms for my G3 gloves from Goalie Monkey. Shipped from the US, but it was fairly quick delivery considering.

G5 liners should work in your G4 gloves.

I've heard conflicting things about G5 liners in G3 gloves - @CJ Boiss can you confirm? I'm on 3+ years on my G3 palms. While they're still decent, i'll probably want to replace them at some point in the next couple of years. (My G3 glove/blocker is closest thing to love I can find, they will remain with me till they die). 

I have a G5 liner in my G3 catcher, and a G4 liner in my G3 blocker. No issues with either of them.

The G5 catch liner has a little flap of soft-side velcro near the heel of my hand, pinky finger side, but it in no way interferes with strapping or wrist movement. And unlike the G3 liner, the backhand portion (with the velcro and straps) isn't stitched into the palm; however, that's a good thing, because it gives you a little more freedom in how you strap your hand in.

My G4 blocker liner is exactly the same as my G3 blocker liner (it came with a little block of hard-foam that is velcroed in, I think to keep the blocker board from turning parallel to your forearm. I haven't played with it in, so I can't speak as to how it interacts with my chestie arm. But, since it's velcroed it takes literally 1-second to remove).

While I can't say for certain that the G5 blocker liner is unchanged from the G4 blocker liner, from all of the pictures I've seen at it looks exactly the same.

(I can take pictures, if you want)

20 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

My G4 blocker liner is exactly the same as my G3 blocker liner

This isn't entirely true. The G3 blocker/liner had an extended velcro backhand portion that run all the way up the blocker face. It wasn't till the GT1 that the new liner was introduced with the shorter velcro portion.

Though I doubt the difference affects anything. Just wanted to be pedantic. ;)

Archived