Youth Used Gear

loki1416

Hello all! Looking to do something and hope someone here can help me out with some information.

Recently went to a goalie camp and met another goalie there (go figure) who bought kids used equipment and rented it out (the rented part was just to cover maintenance of the equipment) to aspiring kids who wanted to try out the position. I thought this was a fantastic idea. The problem I have, is my location. I live in Huntsville, Alabama and while hockey is big here, the resale market is a joke. So I've looked around places like Craigslist (nothing for kids that wasn't street hockey or 200 years old in my or any state near me) and Ebay, which while wasn't bad for options, I want to use as a last resort. Also looked at new equipment on sale or clearance on places like  Pure Goalie/Hockey Monkey/Perani's. Leg pads here ranged from $79-$289. While $79 for legs, blocker, glove each isn't horrible, it quickly becomes a very expensive for something I'm not looking to make money off of. But, as an option, it's not horrible and is something I can build from buying here and there every month.

So, do any of you have ideas where I could turn/look to? Any info would really help. I'm looking for is to build up to 25-30 FULL sets of various sizes. Anyhow, thank you in advance!

Stauber’s Goalie School / Store does something like that in MN. It’s like a cell phone contract I️ think? 

You pay an annual fee and then you get new gear every year. You can demo gear to figure out what you like the best. As your kid grows, they move into other lightly used gear 

On 11/7/2017 at 8:58 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Stauber’s Goalie School / Store does something like that in MN. It’s like a cell phone contract I️ think? 

You pay an annual fee and then you get new gear every year. You can demo gear to figure out what you like the best. As your kid grows, they move into other lightly used gear 

That's an awesome idea.

Archived