CCM Axis vs Premier glove

Welho

Hello guys! 

I've been thinking that I would buy CCM Axis pro glove. Now I have Premier P2.9 Sr glove and I think I need little bit more protective palm. 

This is the question:

Is Axis game ready with D3O palm more protective than Premier P2.9 Sr palm? 

Which one should I buy, game ready palm with or without D3O, or Pro palm with or without D3O? 

Sorry my bad English 🙄

14 minutes ago, Welho said:

Hello guys! 

I've been thinking that I would buy CCM Axis pro glove. Now I have Premier P2.9 Sr glove and I think I need little bit more protective palm. 

This is the question:

Is Axis game ready with D3O palm more protective than Premier P2.9 Sr palm? 

Which one should I buy, game ready palm with or without D3O, or Pro palm with or without D3O? 

Sorry my bad English 🙄

Probably.

I felt my game ready EF4 with D30 was more protective than my game ready Lefevre without D30.  Both pro level gloves.

8 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Probably.

I felt my game ready EF4 with D30 was more protective than my game ready Lefevre without D30.  Both pro level gloves.

What level of protection did you get on the Lefevre game-ready? I haven't had any protection issues with the Game Ready+ version of the 20.1 glove, and it closed better out of the box than the CCM gloves I tried on in store (when we could still go to stores 😢)

5 hours ago, Teezle said:

What level of protection did you get on the Lefevre game-ready? I haven't had any protection issues with the Game Ready+ version of the 20.1 glove, and it closed better out of the box than the CCM gloves I tried on in store (when we could still go to stores 😢)

White set - game ready

sport gold set - game ready extra 

here’s a visual 

5F159B84-7C27-4D5E-9E89-6F488AB11765.thumb.jpeg.80d2c839474bcc78c99ab9020a061326.jpeg

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

White set - game ready

sport gold set - game ready extra 

here’s a visual 

5F159B84-7C27-4D5E-9E89-6F488AB11765.thumb.jpeg.80d2c839474bcc78c99ab9020a061326.jpeg

Have you had any protection issues with the sport gold set? I have the same construction and even heavy shots to the palm have not been an issue. I'm not sure what Lefevre's replacement for D30-type material is, though.

As far as @Welho is concerned, anything with D30 in it will be more protective than the senior level gloves, but it does come with a higher price point. I would go with either the Game Ready with D30. If you feel you need even more protection than a step up from your current glove, the Pro Palm with D30 is a good choice, too.

30 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Have you had any protection issues with the sport gold set? I have the same construction and even heavy shots to the palm have not been an issue. I'm not sure what Lefevre's replacement for D30-type material is, though.

As far as @Welho is concerned, anything with D30 in it will be more protective than the senior level gloves, but it does come with a higher price point. I would go with either the Game Ready with D30. If you feel you need even more protection than a step up from your current glove, the Pro Palm with D30 is a good choice, too.

FYI, some retailers order their senior gloves with a D30 mod. So you get similar protection to the pro level without the need to fork out the same amount of dough.

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/collections/goalie-catch-gloves-senior/products/ccm-axis-1-9-senior-goalie-catcher-sdc

50 minutes ago, Teezle said:

I've taken one or two right in the break that were kinda bad.  Snapper from inside the hash marks and all I could do was get something in front of it.

I don't think they have any special material like D30 in there, its noticeably thicker.

Thanks for everyone for the answers. 👍
Warrior glove is not an option, because ccm glove feels better in my hand.
I think I order custom Axis pro glove, game ready palm with D3O. 😁

I have already ordered custom Axis pads and now glove and blocker which match to the pads

What break are you thinking about?  If you're going 580 or 590, you're fine to go Axis.  If you're looking at the 600 break I'd consider the EF5 glove, as they have supposedly remedied the biggest problem I have with my Axis 600 break, which is that it doesn't close well even after 7 months of break-in.  I have a friend with an EF3 glove (also 600) that also doesn't fully close.   Something about the way the foam at the bottom of the glove interacts with the plastic at the heel of the hand prevents it from closing properly.  

3 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

What break are you thinking about?  If you're going 580 or 590, you're fine to go Axis.  If you're looking at the 600 break I'd consider the EF5 glove, as they have supposedly remedied the biggest problem I have with my Axis 600 break, which is that it doesn't close well even after 7 months of break-in.  I have a friend with an EF3 glove (also 600) that also doesn't fully close.   Something about the way the foam at the bottom of the glove interacts with the plastic at the heel of the hand prevents it from closing properly.  

I have never tried 580 break. My premier is 590 brake and it's good, so I go 590 break. 

Archived