AK Jersey-Sizing Question

stackem30

So my team is ordering these jerseys from AK, and it's been a longgg time since I've ordered a jersey. I was hoping for some quick opinions on sizing.

I'm 6'2", about 185 lbs, athletic but not quite thin. My C/A is not particularly large or beefy. Most goalie jerseys are absolutely enormous on me, and I really dislike how short the arms tend to be. I'm planning on ordering a 3XL player's jersey and just working with that... I'm just a little scared of the arms being tight, etc.

AK told me that a 4XL is basically what they consider a goalie cut for most of their jerseys, though the jersey we're ordering is available in a variety of adult goalie cut sizes. Does anyone have any experience with AK jerseys, wearing very-large players' jersey instead of goalie jerseys, etc?

Quick responses are appreciated, my team's ordering these today.

10 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

So my team is ordering these jerseys from AK, and it's been a longgg time since I've ordered a jersey. I was hoping for some quick opinions on sizing.

I'm 6'2", about 185 lbs, athletic but not quite thin. My C/A is not particularly large or beefy. Most goalie jerseys are absolutely enormous on me, and I really dislike how short the arms tend to be. I'm planning on ordering a 3XL player's jersey and just working with that... I'm just a little scared of the arms being tight, etc.

AK told me that a 4XL is basically what they consider a goalie cut for most of their jerseys, though the jersey we're ordering is available in a variety of adult goalie cut sizes. Does anyone have any experience with AK jerseys, wearing very-large players' jersey instead of goalie jerseys, etc?

Quick responses are appreciated, my team's ordering these today.

I went down a size on my AK. Don't recall the size itself (actually in the office today) but I didn't like the fit on their goal cut either. I will say I had to alter the sleeve and chest length as they do come longer than a goal cut, but it's definitely not too tight on the arms. 

2 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I went down a size on my AK. Don't recall the size itself (actually in the office today) but I didn't like the fit on their goal cut either. I will say I had to alter the sleeve and chest length as they do come longer than a goal cut, but it's definitely not too tight on the arms. 

Awesome, this makes me feel better. I don't mind it being a little long! Short, tight, flying-squirrel-robed-angel-of-death-level-baggy, though? Different story.

Is there any reason you'd rather a player's cut than a goalie cut? My team uses Athletic Knit sublimated jerseys. Pretty sure mine is a 3XLGC. I really like the fit. I think our other goalie is wearing the same, but he probably could have gone up a size or two but he's a big guy.

12888785_10156726229055092_6642880458082348955_o.jpg

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

Is there any reason you'd rather a player's cut than a goalie cut? My team uses Athletic Knit sublimated jerseys. Pretty sure mine is a 3XLGC. I really like the fit. I think our other goalie is wearing the same, but he probably could have gone up a size or two but he's a big guy.

Wow, yours does look good, assuming you're on the right in black -- would you mind sharing your general height/weight? Based on what you sent, I might go with your size, or a 2XL Goalie Cut.

I'm the one in black. 5'8", 200 pounds. Wearing a medium CCM CL Pro C/A. The guy in yellow is like 6'2" and probably around 260 pounds, I think he wears an XL Vaughn C/A. I can verify the size of my jersey shortly.

I found one more pic of our other goalie. He's probably around 6', 225lbs or so. At the time he was wearing a really old Eagle C/A, the jersey fits a bit more snug now with a new Passau C/A underneath.

2T1A0484-Edit.jpg

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I'm the one in black. 5'8", 200 pounds. Wearing a medium CCM CL Pro C/A. The guy in yellow is like 6'2" and probably around 260 pounds, I think he wears an XL Vaughn C/A. I can verify the size of my jersey shortly.

I found one more pic of our other goalie. He's probably around 6', 225lbs or so. At the time he was wearing a really old Eagle C/A, the jersey fits a bit more snug now with a new Passau C/A underneath.

2T1A0484-Edit.tif

Too me your jeresey fits correctly where the guy in the yellow's is pretty snug and short.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Finally got out to the garage to check. Mine is actually a 4XL goalie cut. 

Thanks for all the help, Nova. I feel good about the 3XL goalie cut, thanks for talking me out of the player cut. I've just had so many ridiculous goalie cuts before that I'm a bit snake-bitten. But of course, all companies' fits are going to be different, and I think staying with a goalie cut's the way to go.

I'm confident you'll like it. I have a few other goalie cuts I wear for drop in games. Two reebok and one from the local junior a team (made by SP Apparel). All three I have issues with shoulder guards on my C/A flipping over and getting jammed on sprawling saves. It's partially design flaw and partially the jersey being a big too big, especially having a bit too much room to move up top because the arms are cut too large. Never happens at all while wearing the AK jerseys. I'd wear them at all our drop in games too if team mates wouldn't give me the gears for it. 

Archived