Bauer 960 vs CCM Axis Mask

Has anyone used both Axis and new 960 masks? Which did you prefer and why?

I currently have a 2020 960 model which feels comfortable on my head, however, the cages keep denting and I've gone through 3 cages in the last 2 months. I Understand that a dented cage means that the cage is doing its job, but I would rather not have to spend 90+ dollars every month on a new one.

The ccm cage seems like it would be less prone to large dents do to its shape.

They’re both solid masks with some different technologies. They’re both top end and high quality so the best mask is the one that fits your head better. 

You could always go for an Otny cage instead of the standard Bauer ones. The bars are thicker. Hinders vision a little bit bit less cages will be dented.

13 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

They’re both solid masks with some different technologies. They’re both top end and high quality so the best mask is the one that fits your head better. 

You could always go for an Otny cage instead of the standard Bauer ones. The bars are thicker. Hinders vision a little bit bit less cages will be dented.

I think it's part of the game, Bauer or Axis, a good shot will dent. I have the Bauer 2020 and got gold plating, 1 or 2 shots and luckily no dents. 

There is also a guy in Montreal that makes rock solid cages. Not sure if you want to go that route. I'm happy with my mask though. 

37 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I think it's part of the game, Bauer or Axis, a good shot will dent. I have the Bauer 2020 and got gold plating, 1 or 2 shots and luckily no dents. 

There is also a guy in Montreal that makes rock solid cages. Not sure if you want to go that route. I'm happy with my mask though. 

https://www.facebook.com/Guardian-angel-cages-274800526748916/

I have his open-mouth cat-eye cage design and it has been excellent so far. The cage bars are slightly thicker than on a stock cage, so it is a little heavier, but I've taken several shots off it with no denting or bending yet. It is also made to the measurements you take of your existing cage (various widths, depth of the top/bottom curve, etc.), so you know it will fit.

17 hours ago, Teezle said:

I have his open-mouth cat-eye cage design and it has been excellent so far. The cage bars are slightly thicker than on a stock cage, so it is a little heavier, but I've taken several shots off it with no denting or bending yet. It is also made to the measurements you take of your existing cage (various widths, depth of the top/bottom curve, etc.), so you know it will fit.

I have the 960 2020 Bauer mask with the cage from guardian angel i receive hard shot several time ! My head is in perfect condition and the cage too 

20 hours ago, Teezle said:

That's the guy I spoke of, I actually had some conversations with him, nice dude. 

Archived