Drills for Engaging 2 Goalies

WizYuan

Hey everyone,

I'm just trying to see if anyone had any drills that can utilize two goalies (Midget A). I found an RVH Battle drill that had the goalies facing each other with 3 shooters. I'm thinking of a stickhandling one where they attempt to score on each other. Any other ones that you guys can think of?

Thanks!

If you're short on shooters, you could have nets and goalies facing each other at 2 stick lengths from each other. The shooter is at the top (think of an upside down T) and he shoots at one goalie who deflects the puck to the other goalie who then has to make the save and control the rebound. Both goalies are in a b-fly position, so they will be working mostly gloves, gut traps, closing the 5-hole and also working on tracking the puck (hand/eye coordination).Shooter can alternate on each goalie or do a string of 5-10 shots each.

If you bring the nets closer (a stick length), the goalies can work on a semi-angled VH. One deflects on the slide/push-off and the other tracks, slides and covers.

Here's one (there are several variations) I learned from George Bosak @coach_bosak on Instagram.   The video shared below was conducted by Rob Liddell. This drill is great because by simply adding 2 more pucks you can  mirror the drill on the other side of the top 3 pucks.  Both goalies can do several variations simultaneously and will notice their partners speed to help push tempo.

Archived