Missing Pad on V6 2200

Sup.  I play in a few 50+ beer leagues and was recently gifted this VAUGHN V6 2200 PRO chest/arm protector but it's missing the LEFT side small pad on the chest (see image).

Any chance anyone out there has one or knows where I can find a replacement?  

Thanks!

vaughn1.jpg

7 minutes ago, CoonDog said:

Sup.  I play in a few 50+ beer leagues and was recently gifted this VAUGHN V6 2200 PRO chest/arm protector but it's missing the LEFT side small pad on the chest (see image).

Any chance anyone out there has one or knows where I can find a replacement?  

Thanks!

vaughn1.jpg

I'd believe you have four options on this:

1. Play without it. I've used Vaughn C/A's with this before and it's not the most pivotal piece on the unit and you'd mostly be fine without it
2. Head to a local repair shop and have them make something up. It's a little bit of HD/LD foam and nylon. Wouldn't be too difficult.
3. You make your own.
4. Buy a cheap unit off of sideline swap and pillage it from there.

I'd recommend #2 if there's any decent shops around. Should be a quick cut and sew to make your unit whole.  

10+ Vaughn c/a's over my life as a goalie here.

It's definitely not an essential piece of equipment. In essence, it's a protector for your upper ribs, but that should already be covered if the chest fits properly. Its best use is to  provide an extra piece to better seal the 6 and 7 holes. 

I'm almost certain that if you contact a Vaughn dealer or Vaughn itself, they will make one for you at a small cost. I've ordered replacement pieces from them many times (their new "soft" velcro has awful durability)

• Like 2

This kind of looks like my Simmons 995 c/a, but opposite and I only added one piece because the blocker side arm, which is generally not held in a catcher arm position, lacked under/side protection as I hold my arm up.  I used an unused knee flap with Velcro to hold in place between the shoulder-floater, which attach together with velcro.  If there was no Velcro I would have sewed it in.  I still have the other one if you want it shipped to you at your expense.  No charge for the flap.

16275170808216918229963410795963.jpg