Jump to content

Brown 2400CA with Russian Spec and Hockey in Hong Kong


Rayzilla
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Or the standing naked in front of a mirror wearing nothing but the new piece of gear....or is that just me that likes to do that?

I think it's just you. lol

Here is my clothed shot making that pretend glove save because that's what we do in our photos. And in the usual equipment photo taking room.... The bathroom. 😄

20211101_174835.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm wearing the 2400CA as I am marking test papers. lol

Man this thing feels like I can walk into a shooting gallery and just walk towards the shooter as he is blasting away and I would not feel a thing. I am looking at the design of the biceps, where I have gotten many bruises recently with my past C/A and I cannot see anything penetrating to cause any kind of bruise now. I love how the white piece floats around in the bicep area and rotates outwards to keep it facing the shooter direction.

I still need to put this through the warm shower run but I don't play again until next Thursday if I decide to try it then or wait until I have a scrimmage later this month instead.

I need to read the literature that John included in the shipment. I haven't read it yet but I noticed it says things about the straps and such...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rayzilla said:

I'm wearing the 2400CA as I am marking test papers. lol

Man this thing feels like I can walk into a shooting gallery and just walk towards the shooter as he is blasting away and I would not feel a thing. I am looking at the design of the biceps, where I have gotten many bruises recently with my past C/A and I cannot see anything penetrating to cause any kind of bruise now. I love how the white piece floats around in the bicep area and rotates outwards to keep it facing the shooter direction.

I still need to put this through the warm shower run but I don't play again until next Thursday if I decide to try it then or wait until I have a scrimmage later this month instead.

I need to read the literature that John included in the shipment. I haven't read it yet but I noticed it says things about the straps and such...

I was lucky enough to be able to use my current Brown for the first time at a weekend camp so it was constantly being used for the whole weekend.  Broke in very nicely.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I was lucky enough to be able to use my current Brown for the first time at a weekend camp so it was constantly being used for the whole weekend.  Broke in very nicely.

Your post inspired me this morning. I read your post just before I headed out to my volunteer coaching gig with a local hockey training for U16 kids. I don't have any of my own kids in this thing but I know the guy that runs it and he's asked me if I could come out whenever I can since they do not have anyone to coach the two goalies. I never wear a C/A when I coach them but after reading your post, I thought it would be a good opportunity to at least try it on with the rest of my gear that I keep in a locker at the rink. So this was the first time I put on the 2400CA with the rest of my gear on. 

It was good to get a feel of what it will be like and I'll be putting it in the hot shower some time this week and then I'll consider whether I will be using it this week or wait for the scrimmage later this month. I'm leaning towards the latter idea.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rayzilla said:

Your post inspired me this morning. I read your post just before I headed out to my volunteer coaching gig with a local hockey training for U16 kids. I don't have any of my own kids in this thing but I know the guy that runs it and he's asked me if I could come out whenever I can since they do not have anyone to coach the two goalies. I never wear a C/A when I coach them but after reading your post, I thought it would be a good opportunity to at least try it on with the rest of my gear that I keep in a locker at the rink. So this was the first time I put on the 2400CA with the rest of my gear on. 

It was good to get a feel of what it will be like and I'll be putting it in the hot shower some time this week and then I'll consider whether I will be using it this week or wait for the scrimmage later this month. I'm leaning towards the latter idea.

So how did it feel on the ice?  Did it mesh well with your other gear?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

So how did it feel on the ice?  Did it mesh well with your other gear?

It was alright. I didn't find the weight to be an issue, although I didn't have it on for too long because I needed to do some shooting drills with the kids too. I find that holding it up, you can feel the weight but once you put it on, I didn't feel like there was much of a difference to my other C/A.

I found the front of the 2400 to stick out more than my old C/A but that would have a lot to do with it being new and stiff, and also the multiples more of padding vs the old. I'm going to shut down marking tests now... Go take a shower and then have the 2400 join me after in the shower after I'm done. 

I'll report back in about 24 hours on any changes noted on the break in of the 2400.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

So how did it feel on the ice?  Did it mesh well with your other gear?

Initially, I had the idea of just staying down in the butterfly and letting the other kids bombard me with shots but I forgot about doing that once I got on the ice. lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rayzilla said:

It was alright. I didn't find the weight to be an issue, although I didn't have it on for too long because I needed to do some shooting drills with the kids too. I find that holding it up, you can feel the weight but once you put it on, I didn't feel like there was much of a difference to my other C/A.

I found the front of the 2400 to stick out more than my old C/A but that would have a lot to do with it being new and stiff, and also the multiples more of padding vs the old. I'm going to shut down marking tests now... Go take a shower and then have the 2400 join me after in the shower after I'm done. 

I'll report back in about 24 hours on any changes noted on the break in of the 2400.

Agreed it balances well once you're wearing it.  Good luck with the shower.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I've never worn it in the shower.

Oh.... I thought that's what you guys meant. Lol. But it worked out well because I worked in the elbow flex while in the shower by bending and straightening my elbows over and over with the water running over the arms. I figured this would help increase the break in of the elbow flexibility. I think it worked as it feels much less stiff now.

 

Edited by Rayzilla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rayzilla said:

Oh.... I thought that's what you guys meant. Lol. But it worked out well because I worked in the elbow flex while in the shower by bending and straightening my elbows over and over with the water running over the arms. I figured this would help increase the break in of the elbow flexibility. I think it worked as it feels much less stiff now.

I think some guys have done it.  I am just saying it isn't something I have done.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The question of whether you tuck in or leave outside of the pants has been asked many times. 

For those of you that have the 2400 and you leave it out, do you have the waist straps on tight, loose, or in the middle? And why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Rayzilla said:

The question of whether you tuck in or leave outside of the pants has been asked many times. 

For those of you that have the 2400 and you leave it out, do you have the waist straps on tight, loose, or in the middle? And why?

I don't tuck my 2200.  At least not the front.  The back does sit inside the back of my goal shorts.  I have suspenders up and over the c/a as well.  Waist straps are as tight as I can pull them.  Not too tight, not loose.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Rayzilla said:

The question of whether you tuck in or leave outside of the pants has been asked many times. 

For those of you that have the 2400 and you leave it out, do you have the waist straps on tight, loose, or in the middle? And why?

I wear my 2400 out without any suspenders, all I do is tie my pants to my chest protector through the front loop with lace. I have the waist straps done up tight, I usually get one of the guys to yank on them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like both of you like the waist straps fairly on the tight side. 

I ask because I tried my (new and still fairly stiff) 2400 on the other day during a coaching session with some kids that were mostly in the 10 to 14 age group. I had the waist straps on as tight as can be and I found that it would make the upper chest area bulge up and out a little because the waist would move up a little. So I loosened it a little and it relieved that upper situation. I think this is because it is still brand new as this was the first time wearing the 2400 with full equipment on.

I haven't been using suspenders up to this point, which means that the pants are also done up as tight as I could do them.

My wife is finally home so I won't be able wear it to sleep anymore. Yes, believe it or not, I did wear it to sleep on a few nights. lol

Thanks for your responses. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rayzilla said:

Sounds like both of you like the waist straps fairly on the tight side. 

I ask because I tried my (new and still fairly stiff) 2400 on the other day during a coaching session with some kids that were mostly in the 10 to 14 age group. I had the waist straps on as tight as can be and I found that it would make the upper chest area bulge up and out a little because the waist would move up a little. So I loosened it a little and it relieved that upper situation. I think this is because it is still brand new as this was the first time wearing the 2400 with full equipment on.

I haven't been using suspenders up to this point, which means that the pants are also done up as tight as I could do them.

My wife is finally home so I won't be able wear it to sleep anymore. Yes, believe it or not, I did wear it to sleep on a few nights. lol

Thanks for your responses. 

I recall having the same thing happening when I first got my 2400. I use to tuck when I had bigger pants as well as use suspenders. My chest protector is now around 5 years old and I don't have that issue anymore. With time it'll loosen up and feel like it's a part of you. Only thing I find is that the arms are still not as mobile as I'd like, but I think that has to do with the Russian spec arm protection. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just curious how tight do you guys do up the straps on the arm. There are four sections straps:

1) The elbow floaters that are attached by the velcro straps,

2) The upper elastic straps behind the biceps,

3) The lower elastic straps just above the wrists, and

4) The velcro straps at the wrist.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rayzilla said:

Just curious how tight do you guys do up the straps on the arm. There are four sections straps:

1) The elbow floaters that are attached by the velcro straps,

2) The upper elastic straps behind the biceps,

3) The lower elastic straps just above the wrists, and

4) The velcro straps at the wrist.

 

Thanks

I'd say my elbows and the elastics are a happy medium between tight and loose and I like the wrists on the tighter end. I haven't had to touch any of the elastics for years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...