Tried an A6.0 clearance stick...

bunnyman666

Bought this on blow out from Monkey!!!!

Bloody fackin’ hell!!!! That thing plays like a bloody dream!!!! I have read HORRENDOUS reviews on this twig on the durability. I will deal with the durability on this thang.

@GoalieTimmy33 if True changed the layup on this twig, did they screw up the feel and playability in favour of durability? I am willing to use one as it was last model year knowing it may fall apart with the way it plays; it’s like a pair of Paiste 602 hi hats- you just know your time is limited with them like your dream lover. Cherish that time together!!!!

Seriously- I could sauce the puck easy. Disrupting plays with poke checks made  pucks FLY!!!! I could trip on the poke check and make forwards fly like Orr after a Noel Picard trip!!!!

Beautiful stick this is!!!!!

I also picked up the 6.0 on clearance. This is my first composite so don't have anything to compare. Very impressed with the feel after 1 session, it feels lively, responsive, perhaps a little "clankey"(pucks kind of bounced a couple of feet away instead of dying on the blade).  Shooting/ passing was much easier/nicer as well although I changed curves so that might be the difference. I'll update as I get more ice time with it.

Also made some Shaft saves with it, not that you can tell. We'll see how it holds up in the coming weeks/months.

@Tim_TRUEHockey - Some very good info here and it connects some of our offline texts about needing to have used multiple generations of composites to appreciate the current models. I think I mentioned in my 6.0 sbp review that I think first time composite users would really like that model. I am glad to hear that insight was correct and people are loving the stick! 

• 2 months later...

Kind of digging up an old thread here but I have about 30 games on my A6.0 heel curve and it is by far my favourite composite I have used so far. I'm an awful puck handler but for some reason I can handle the puck with a little bit of confidence with this stick

Archived