Bauer 3X Line Feedback?

RichMan

1 hour ago, xmikex32 said:

so then vapor rebounds are hotter than warrior rebounds and supreme are even hotter or pretty close? Is the advantage of the supreme more so the actual stiffness of the pad and not rebounds? Granted the Supremes should have bigger rebounds but it seems like they are pretty close. This might be my first Bauer set and I'm trying to figure out what actually will work for me and what i want. I've gone from Simmons 999 series, velocity knockoff, to warrior g5 pros. i cant try the pads on the ice but I feel like i would like a stiffer pad but more looking for sliding and rebounds since i like the hotter rebound of the warriors they just seem to have softened up a little bit, which hasn't actually hindered my game.

I will admit that I'm note sure if the stiffer pad would work for me since i have a more medium to narrower BF. I am able to close the 5 hole with my warriors which are 34+1.5 with a single break. Looking at the two lines i can see the vapors being very flexible and i was able to easily bend the thigh rise of the hyperlite/3x. being a senior pad will the 3x noticeably get softer as they break in or do Bauer's foams hold up pretty well. If they do soften up maybe the Supremes will work once broken in more.

In my experience with both the Supreme and the Vapor, I would suggest that you choose a Vapor, the transition from the softer pads of the older generations will be noticeably easier. my bauers were second hand and I didn't notice any noticeable reduction in the stiffness of the vapor. the rebounds of the supreme were slightly better than the vapor, but not so much that it would be decisive in choosing. in the end I settled on supreme but it was my choice for many different reasons

would m5, US stiffness be that much more than new G5's? i liked the stiffness of the warriors when i got them and didn't have any issue transitioning and liked the rigidity. I actually closed my 5 hole easier and more consistent with the stiffer thigh rises.  

2 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

so then vapor rebounds are hotter than warrior rebounds and supreme are even hotter or pretty close? Is the advantage of the supreme more so the actual stiffness of the pad and not rebounds?

There's no real advantage with the Supreme line. It really boils down to your preferred flex profile and boot style. 

would m5, US stiffness be that much more than new G5's? i liked the stiffness of the warriors when i got them and didn't have any issue transitioning and liked the rigidity. I actually closed my 5 hole easier and more consistent with the stiffer thigh rises.  

Yea, they'll be way stiffer. G5's are a tad stiffer than the 3X, but only new. 

One benefit you'll find of the Bauers is that they'll keep their shape/overall stiffness far better than double break Warrior pads. (G5's). 

With how you've been describing your preferences, I'm feeling like the 3X will be more in your wheelhouse. Bauer pads, even the 3X, will feel boxier than your G5's. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

so better sliding than the warriors with hotter rebounds and some pad flex sounds pretty good. 

I know the gloves have different breaks but as for the blockers my understanding is that the hand position is slightly different from supreme to vapor, with the vapor higher up on the hand vs more neutral in the Supremes. How are the rebounds pretty good off the 3x blocker?

Edited by xmikex32

I used 3X blocker (borrowed from one of my buddy) on couple ice times when it was new and rebounds was very satisfying. After year of play they are significantly softer but still puts the puck in the corner.

I have other question about 3X line tho. Does anyone uses 3X sticks? I need replacements after brakeing two US on the same night :( and 3X seems like a good deal. I'm mostly asking about durability of the shaft and blade cause feel would be different for everyone anyway.

12 minutes ago, Nohtaram said:

I used 3X blocker (borrowed from one of my buddy) on couple ice times when it was new and rebounds was very satisfying. After year of play they are significantly softer but still puts the puck in the corner.

I have other question about 3X line tho. Does anyone uses 3X sticks? I need replacements after brakeing two US on the same night :( and 3X seems like a good deal. I'm mostly asking about durability of the shaft and blade cause feel would be different for everyone anyway.

I had really good luck with my 3S sticks I ordered when the Ultrasonic was the top line stick. Good price point, all 3 sticks were healthy when I sold them. 

1 hour ago, Nohtaram said:

I have two 3x sticks that I used for about a season and a half that are still in really good shape that I still have for back ups now.  

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

With the x5 coming out and the 3x being discounted is there any difference besides the graphic on the two lines? If it’s just graphics might be better to just grab some 3x 

I don't even think there's a massive change up on the Pro lines aside from the calf bracket. 

Getting the 3X line will be practically the same pad as the new senior pad.