Jump to content

Bauer 3X Line Feedback?


RichMan

Recommended Posts

I have 3x pads and blocker. Rebounds are pretty hot, especially compared to the vaughns I had before. The rigidity has held up amazingly. They slide awesome because the sliding surface is so hard. Some durability issues with some stitching but nothing major. Stabiliflex knee is awesome along with the balance pillow. Blocker has good wrist mobility and hot rebounds. Biggest gripe is the finger protection is like, too long? If that makes sense. The kinda get in the way sometimes. Very comfortable on the hand too.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/28/2021 at 5:01 PM, RichMan said:

Not many client reviews on this gear. Anyone here? 

And have you compared to the Warrior SR line?

Thanks

Did you see them in store ? For me the 3x is a 2xpro… 3x don’t seem to have the hyperlite flex at the tight rise they only put them the stability knee block 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

Did you see them in store ? For me the 3x is a 2xpro… 3x don’t seem to have the hyperlite flex at the tight rise they only put them the stability knee block 

Only saw the catcher and i had issues getting my hand in, and i don't have giant hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

Remind me, 3X is Bauer's newest butterfly line?

My Premier II Pros have been great so far, both on ice and in ball hockey. They send rebounds further than my old Demons did. 

3X is the Senior line of their "Flexible" line, aka Vapours. The Hyperlite is the pro pad.

Their "stiff" line is the Supreme or Ultrasonics. Soon to be Machs.

 

God I hate goalie pad naming conventions.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I ran a pad company, I'd have names like hard, soft, and vintage that would be somehow explain their characteristics. The H100 would be the initial butterfly pad offering, the S100 would be the softer pad for hybrid goalies, and the V100 would be the initial vintage offering for those goalies who think old school is cool (in sizes that are legal today). There would also be blockers and trappers with graphics choices similar to the hard, soft, and vintage lines. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2021 at 10:04 PM, ilyazhito said:

Remind me, 3X is Bauer's newest butterfly line?

My Premier II Pros have been great so far, both on ice and in ball hockey. They send rebounds further than my old Demons did. 

It is the new butterfly line but you can wear them however you want to. They flex quite a bit but will snap back to position right away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

@A.YOUNGoalie13 First off, if that is you in the video, get a better mic system, it will help deliver your content more enjoyably. Second, if you're going to wear a mask to hide your identity, at least give it a paint job or wrap, make it interesting ;)

Other than that, you did a good job and kept the kid/teen vocab to a very acceptable minimum :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

@A.YOUNGoalie13 First off, if that is you in the video, get a better mic system, it will help deliver your content more enjoyably. Second, if you're going to wear a mask to hide your identity, at least give it a paint job or wrap, make it interesting ;)

Other than that, you did a good job and kept the kid/teen vocab to a very acceptable minimum :D 

 

Lol that mask is sick it was $5  when I got it probably 10 years ago and a friend of mine wrote Bauer sucks on it😂 
 

As for the vocab I could start calling things fire and raw if you would like?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Lol that mask is sick it was $5  when I got it probably 10 years ago and a friend of mine wrote Bauer sucks on it😂 
 

As for the vocab I could start calling things fire and raw if you would like?

That won't be necessary thank you :) 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Yeah bro, so basically, like, yeah, like these pads are sick dude, super heat pads they work unreal bruh

my bros, fr fr no cap these pads are fire, I'm talking straight lit no cap af bro #sendit

(In actuality: good review, dude)

Edited by keeperton
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Yeah bro, so basically, like, yeah, like these pads are sick dude, super heat pads they work unreal bruh

Word G, straight up dope, playa ain't playing, dropping the straight 411 on these m****f****, fo real. This sh## is FRESH! (MY street Hip Hop generation lingo ;) )

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, theBandit said:

@A.YOUNGoalie13 Thanks for the video review! Are you using the 3x glove and blocker as well? If so how did they perform?
I have my 3x set coming at the end of the month! 

I used the blocker last season, thinking of making a little review on that. I didn’t use the glove because I’m not a double tee fan

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

I know these have been around for a while but any updates on the pads and how thy have held up for you guys? I'm trying to decide whether or not to pick up some 3x pads or m5s. I know these are supposed to be softer than the m5s but how soft is soft for Bauer. Right now I'm in warrior G5 pros and they have softened up a bit and want some stiffer pads but the warriors have been the stiffest I have ever used so I don't have any reference point for Bauer's 

With new pads coming out seems like you can find some 3x's for a little cheaper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had been sidelined twice for over a month each time, but otherwise than that I've been playing about twice a week (one easy skate, and one really challenging one). It's held up real well. 

I've used Warrior G4 Pros a few times, and the 3X felt to me a bit stiffer if that helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, johncho said:

I had been sidelined twice for over a month each time, but otherwise than that I've been playing about twice a week (one easy skate, and one really challenging one). It's held up real well. 

I've used Warrior G4 Pros a few times, and the 3X felt to me a bit stiffer if that helps. 

Did they hold up their stiffness? I know warriors seems to lose their rigidity over time even the pro models and that was one of the big complaints with the g4's. as for sizing i saw that the boot is flatter so sits lower on the skate which led some people to sizing up. Did you have to size up or did you guys with your normal size? I'm wearing a 34 warrior and generally 34 in other pads, don't know if ill need a 35(L) in the 3x.

 

Ill be playing roughly the same amount 1-2 times a week one upper level intermediate and one level below. 

Edited by xmikex32
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They have not lost their stiffness since I've bought them, or if they did I can't tell (I only play upper intermediate in the summer). The G4 that I tried at the time was pretty brand new, felt pretty good on me too. I was honestly leaning towards getting a new SR level G6 but there was a huge delay and could not pass up on the used 3X deal I found at the time.

I think we have the same dimensions, the 34 Warrior felt perfect in sizing and for the 3X I feel like I am right in between M and L. I think I could have gotten away with an L although for the level that I play it prob doesn't make too much of a difference. What might be helping is that I have the professor straps for these and they sit a bit higher than the Warriors did at the time. 

 

Also as an aside for the Blocker/Glove, I was able to track down a Hyperlite version of the matching colour scheme and they feel amazing. I'm still not sure which glove angle works for me in the end, but my last game I only really misplayed one where the shot went off the top of the T. Blocker feels nice and comfortable too, much lighter feeling than the Eflex3 that I used to use.

Edited by johncho
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My atk is 20/ 20.5 if I remember correctly. I found some 3x that are brand new for $600 in large but worried it would be too big. Guess I could try on some hyperlites and see how they work. They are white so I could probably find some all white Mach’s or hyperlites gloves for cheap. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2023 at 11:19 AM, xmikex32 said:

My atk is 20/ 20.5 if I remember correctly. I found some 3x that are brand new for $600 in large but worried it would be too big. Guess I could try on some hyperlites and see how they work. They are white so I could probably find some all white Mach’s or hyperlites gloves for cheap. 

I think those measurements might be FTK, if so then we have the same sized legs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    2,016
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    Bigfreeze
    Newest Member
    Bigfreeze
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...