RXS Knee Pads - Review

TheGoalNet

My biggest concern with these is the lack of "wrap" protection around the inner knee and thigh like the CCM Pro or Bauer Pro knee pads have.  These look great for head on shots, but what about the one timer across the crease that catches you on the inside knee area?  The price is unreal and I could not justify spending that much money.  Knee pads should be no more than $150.  Just my two cents!

2 minutes ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

My biggest concern with these is the lack of "wrap" protection around the inner knee and thigh like the CCM Pro or Bauer Pro knee pads have.  These look great for head on shots, but what about the one timer across the crease that catches you on the inside knee area?  The price is unreal and I could not justify spending that much money.  Knee pads should be no more than $150.  Just my two cents!

I would not question anyone who does not feel like knee pads should cost $400. I would also suspect that anyone questioning the price is not the target client for RXS. Their masks cost $2000 USD and it's probably impossible to see one in North America before purchase. They are catering to pro level goalies. If you're not a pro and you buy their product, you're probably a hardcore gear nut who can rationalize buying $400 knee pads and expecting they last 5 seasons?

I am not sure I understand the question about the wrap around padding? the inside of your knee is down on the knee stack in the butterfly. The plastic knee cap is large and should leave no gap? If somehow a puck got through, there is an inner plastic knee cap and some foam.

I have the Bauer Supreme S18 (similar to 1S & current pro) and would say that model has more gaps this this model?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I would not question anyone who does not feel like knee pads should cost $400. I would also suspect that anyone questioning the price is not the target client for RXS. Their masks cost $2000 USD and it's probably impossible to see one in North America before purchase. They are catering to pro level goalies. If you're not a pro and you buy their product, you're probably a hardcore gear nut who can rationalize buying $400 knee pads and expecting they last 5 seasons?

657lbk.jpg.e772e5b55ecb724ca2dc3de12523ba54.jpg

17 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

You said in the video that you tried many different knee pad designs. I’m surprised you never tried PAW knee pads. Sara Marschand builds them custom measured to you. Gel added to the landing area is an option. Way cheaper than these featured here. 

I have not tried those, I don't like how flat they look and the design didn't get me excited to order a pair.

17 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Replaceable elastics? That would be the deal breaker for me. When/if my FM knee guards bite it, these would be my go to IF the elastics could be swapped. What I love about my FM knee guards is that every component can be replaced. 

no, but maybe upon request?

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

no, but maybe upon request?

They are bespoke enough to do something like that, I would hope. I truly think these are the only knee guards that could get me away from my FM knee guards, as I have had great service from mine. I have replaced the elastics once and will need to again sooner than later. That anchor strap at the base of the RXS is GENIUS. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've been using the Senior (medium) RXS knee pads for almost a year now at several games per week and they are by far the best pair of knee guards I have ever used. The sleeve portion is like an orthopedic knee brace crossed with protection, and the cap is rock solid. Even though they are "big", I have never had it interfere with the knee area on my pads. Pricey? Certainly. Worth it? For me, absolutely.

I had a knee sprain in December 2020 that made me take about 6 weeks off; since then I have gone through many different models of knee guards looking for the one that pairs protection and comfort the best. This one is it. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Don't even think about these. The protection is garbage. The knee cradle/landing area of these is great. I wore them for 2 weeks finally took a puck over top of the knee against the plastic shield on these and got a massive bruise. They are very pricey for NO protection.

• Thanks 1