Battram Blocker Repairs and Mods

bunnyman666

This is in good shape; however, it was HEAVILY campaigned, therefore earned a few skate cuts and some wear. I felt the best course was to address these and add my blocker nose treatment, using real leather this time. 

Amazon led me to get suitable patch material, with some good 12” square sheets in a cognac colour. It will, of course darken considerably after being Sno Sealed. That’s fine. 

This nose treatment is quite different as I usually Padwrap/Padskinz it. Real leather better patch and protect real leather. I made a pocket for the nose to slide into. I will glue the patch, then sew it up. This patch will outlast the glove, for certain! All I want is to not have to worry about it taking on more water, therefore damaging it further. This step will make it MINE. 

Pix for your enjoyment:

9DF2C21D-AF20-452B-A617-41DAFD30B9B0.jpeg

A424323B-BE76-40A7-ACCC-9C40E7C06C07.jpeg

3563237C-64E0-4651-806B-37E605836AFF.jpeg

A368C736-94DF-4F9D-B0BF-3985EB876E77.jpeg

6C0B7C88-9D49-4BCA-909F-5E71F6D0F9FB.jpeg

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 2

Hey Bunny:

Your work looks excellent and the glove is going to be great when done.

I've had excellent results using this glue. My pads are leather which I bought in 1981 or 82. So I've had to patch them a lot over time. I've used the glue for areas where sewing isnt practicable. The glue brushes on and adheres very strongly. The only thing is the fumes are very toxic so when I use it, I do so in the garage with the overhead door open. Not sure which adhesive you are using but just to put out another option. I bought it along with the leather and sewing equipment from Tandy Leather. 

IMG_1584.jpg

Edited by Fullright
  • Like 1

I thoroughly dig the B*****m glove set. The skate cut patch/nose guard mod did exactly what I wanted in the most brilliant fashion, as the soft leather also made my puck freezes with the front of my blocker much easier as the leather grips. The stitching on the back probably also helps grip. Of course my purposely rough sewing makes it look like it’s got a few battle scars (and these do have some battle scars).   

20 hours ago, Fullright said:

Hey Bunny:

Your work looks excellent and the glove is going to be great when done.

I've had excellent results using this glue. My pads are leather which I bought in 1981 or 82. So I've had to patch them a lot over time. I've used the glue for areas where sewing isnt practicable. The glue brushes on and adheres very strongly. The only thing is the fumes are very toxic so when I use it, I do so in the garage with the overhead door open. Not sure which adhesive you are using but just to put out another option. I bought it along with the leather and sewing equipment from Tandy Leather. 

IMG_1584.jpg

Just bought some for another project! Thanks for the suggestion!

• bunnyman666 changed the title to B*****m blocker repairs and mods
  • SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Battram Blocker Repairs and Mods
  • 2 months later...