Quest for the flumpiest chestie

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Lower end Vaughn L80, with an air chest pad backing, followed by stuffing the heart guard with more flumpy goodness 😇🤗

Yeah I can't compete with that. Are you going to have rebounds at all, or are they just going to get absorbed in you?

20 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I will make two flumpy pillows to go behind the shoulder floaters or could put some memory foam in the floaters for pure, unadulterated flump. 

Memory foam, albeit small pieces, will be heavier and retain more water (sweat) than needed (stink factor) ;) 

12 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Then no memory foam for flump’s sake! 

You need to chat with the modification dudes, guy now working for Simmons and Jake from UK and the likes. They all do tons of work on their gear to mod it for better or worse lolll.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RichMan said:

You need to chat with the modification dudes, guy now working for Simmons and Jake from UK and the likes. They all do tons of work on their gear to mod it for better or worse lolll.

I know that making air pillows for behind the shoulder floaters (along with the softer foam) will greatly displace impact. This is more of an exercise than anything, as the chesty that has the full time job is my 1X. I will likely experiment and incorporate mods onto the 1X. It is my fave hands down, especially after a few mods I have performed on it. This flumpmeister will be a back up chesty for the most part, and be used in games that I know that my D will be pylons. 

I will commission four air bags (two pair) from my local seamstress (with my materials) for both the flumpy chestie and my 1X. These will go behind the shoulder floaters to help with absorbing energy. My goal is to make certain that if that puck goes anywhere near my torso, it will not bounce off of me. I don’t care one bit about it flying off of my arms as those pucks will go to a corner. Pucks off the torso can lead to trouble. I can concede pucks being bounced from the shin or boot. Hot rebounds from the blocker are welcome. But off of the body? Hell no. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 10:18 AM, luked said:

Similar situation as you. I have my old pro return Reebok PS1 (black and yellow one) that I just keep having rebuild by Salvi here in Massachusetts every few years. It kills rebounds. Granted, when I wait too long in between rebuilds, I get bruised and hurt...like what's happening now. I would find someone to rebuild what you have to the specs you want

Those older RBK P1's are sweet. The newer CCM version of this is nice, too.

If you want the air pocket effect, one way to get it is to wear the chest pad on the outside of the pants. 

Over the years, I have had to sew a loop here or there to make an anchor point, but a lot of chest protectors come with a loop already in at least one spot on the front (I have relocated loop to the inside-facing part before). I currently use an Optik 2 and i have a lace that is threaded through the pant holes going the opposite direction as expected and then I feed the string through both side openings for the front flap, wrap it around my body, and tie through the loop in the front. 

Essentially what I am doing is preventing the chest protector from riding upwards and moving out of place. Once you have this figured out for your chest protector, it ought to stay pinned, creating the air pocket between the neck and bottom flap that you need. Bonus is that if you run hot, it helps with airflow. Also is easier to move around in vs. having your pants stuffed with chest protector. Finally, if you feel shots at all in the front chest portion, it goes away b/c the pad is not resting directly on your skin.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I will commission four air bags (two pair) from my local seamstress (with my materials) for both the flumpy chestie and my 1X. These will go behind the shoulder floaters to help with absorbing energy. My goal is to make certain that if that puck goes anywhere near my torso, it will not bounce off of me. I don’t care one bit about it flying off of my arms as those pucks will go to a corner. Pucks off the torso can lead to trouble. I can concede pucks being bounced from the shin or boot. Hot rebounds from the blocker are welcome. But off of the body? Hell no. 

We are well versed on the gut trap", yes? ;) 

30 minutes ago, RichMan said:

We are well versed on the gut trap", yes? ;) 

Yessir!

Gut trap isn’t bad on the 1X; just from the mid-torso up, it is a bit less than abysmal since I de-flubbered the shoulder floaters. The Flumpmeister 3000 (the project) should have nothing get away from me, and then I incorporate these improvements into the 1X.

11 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Yessir!

Gut trap isn’t bad on the 1X; just from the mid-torso up, it is a bit less than abysmal since I de-flubbered the shoulder floaters. The Flumpmeister 3000 (the project) should have nothing get away from me, and then I incorporate these improvements into the 1X.

:D

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

There is always the box lax CA option. Old Eagle one or Boddam should be fluffy enough, no? For the L/XL finding jerseys may be an issue, 8XL-10XL or size 64 was the smallest would fit mine. Evil looking on the ice for sure. Mine was pre 12" max shoulder floater size. Each one was almost the size of Garth Snow pads.  Also, spray on insulation.