Warrior X3 Pro Plus Chesty

CamWardFan

I'm currently using the G4 Pro (mechanical arms) and have used this series since the very beginning.  Always been happy with the excellent mobility and outstanding protection. Now that Warrior has ditched the mechanical arms, I'm just wondering if anyone has some feedback on this new model. 

I have the RX3 Pro (not plus). I can only compare it to a Bauer 2x pro and a THS spec Vaughn Ve8 pro carbon...

The Bauer I got rid of pretty quickly as it just didn't work for me.

I love the Vaughn in every way except the elbows. I managed to over do things and got quite a bad case of tennis elbow (only now after getting close to 2yrs has it cleared up, and I still take things like stick handling/shooting practice easy with it as it will easily flair back up again)... anyway, this injury meant that even fairly moderate shots to the elbow would be extra painful and so I got a bit fed up with the Vaughn.

The Warrior has been really good for me so far. It's a lot bulkier that the Vaughn but you get used to it (obviously you will be used to this anyway). Once you get used to the bulk you realise that it isn't far at all off the mobility of the Vaughn... without a jersey on that is. Putting a jersey on, even a goalie cut one does impact the Warrior a little due to the bulk in the elbows. The elbow flaps/floaters whatever they are called work really well without the jersey, but less so with as they can't move over the top of the other sections quite so well. It's a simple fix, just widen the arms of the jersey, but is worth noting that you may need to get a larger jersey so that the elbows aren't hindered too much. Also occasionally the elbow floaters make get caught up slightly on the other pieces, but when you are actually playing I have never really noticed this or felt I missed something because of it. I think when playing you move with enough force to overcome the occasional hang up.

There is plenty of adjustability within the unit to really get a nice fit. I can definitely recommend it. I haven't tried on or used the RX3 Pro Plus version, but in all honesty I wouldn't go for it. The protection in general is essentially the same as makes no difference (shot's I would feel through the Vaughn don't cause an issue here). The Plus version is obviously bigger, in the shoulder floaters and arms I think, but the RX3 Pro version is plenty big enough as is. I think the Plus version would be overkill for me and detract further from the units mobility. I'm sceptical the slightly extra coverage of the Plus version would actually translate into more saves... it doesn't give you 'that' much more coverage.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 10:39 AM, Llew81 said:

I have the RX3 Pro (not plus). I can only compare it to a Bauer 2x pro and a THS spec Vaughn Ve8 pro carbon...

The Bauer I got rid of pretty quickly as it just didn't work for me.

I love the Vaughn in every way except the elbows. I managed to over do things and got quite a bad case of tennis elbow (only now after getting close to 2yrs has it cleared up, and I still take things like stick handling/shooting practice easy with it as it will easily flair back up again)... anyway, this injury meant that even fairly moderate shots to the elbow would be extra painful and so I got a bit fed up with the Vaughn.

The Warrior has been really good for me so far. It's a lot bulkier that the Vaughn but you get used to it (obviously you will be used to this anyway). Once you get used to the bulk you realise that it isn't far at all off the mobility of the Vaughn... without a jersey on that is. Putting a jersey on, even a goalie cut one does impact the Warrior a little due to the bulk in the elbows. The elbow flaps/floaters whatever they are called work really well without the jersey, but less so with as they can't move over the top of the other sections quite so well. It's a simple fix, just widen the arms of the jersey, but is worth noting that you may need to get a larger jersey so that the elbows aren't hindered too much. Also occasionally the elbow floaters make get caught up slightly on the other pieces, but when you are actually playing I have never really noticed this or felt I missed something because of it. I think when playing you move with enough force to overcome the occasional hang up.

There is plenty of adjustability within the unit to really get a nice fit. I can definitely recommend it. I haven't tried on or used the RX3 Pro Plus version, but in all honesty I wouldn't go for it. The protection in general is essentially the same as makes no difference (shot's I would feel through the Vaughn don't cause an issue here). The Plus version is obviously bigger, in the shoulder floaters and arms I think, but the RX3 Pro version is plenty big enough as is. I think the Plus version would be overkill for me and detract further from the units mobility. I'm sceptical the slightly extra coverage of the Plus version would actually translate into more saves... it doesn't give you 'that' much more coverage.

Know what you mean about the elbow size. After I got my first version of the mechanical arms I started using 58G+ and 60G jerseys exclusively, haven't had only mobility issues since.  As you said, I embrace the bulk as I am 6 feet 1 but only 157lbs haha and I'm a blocking style goalie anyways. At 70 I'm not stopping many guys with athleticism.........

Thanks for the helpful feedback!!