Player Glove Repalm Service?

MTH

My son wants his gloves repalmed. I see new nash or eagle palms for sale for like $30. I've repalmed several blockers. Player gloves appear to be way more sewing. Machine work.

Anyone have any suggestions? My local shoe repair / gear repair joint don't do gloves. So I'm sending them out (no rush as it's May).

---

Yes, my kid is a gear snob too. Likes his old gear better than the new stuff I could easily buy. Wears new old stock Jofa shin pads, Easton elbows and wants to repair a three year old pair of custom gloves that he picked up from an older player "because they were better then". 

They're 13" mitts.

I sent my eagle gloves to George’s Hockey Repair in Minnesota. $80 for the pair ($40 for one glove). If the gussets are damaged, they’d need to replace them and that would be more expensive. They go over with you on the phone after they receive the gloves what material you want and if you want the gussets replaced. I’m impressed with their work. 

https://hockeyrepair.com/hockey-repair-custom-gear-st-paul-minnesota-services

C38DC181-8523-4320-8C87-188C6D3DD2AC.thumb.jpeg.d9af90866d81693be0398e65855249cf.jpeg

Islandsportsrepair.com did a pair of mine back in '17. I think it was something like $35 (not including shipping) and turn-around time was super quick. Just checked and it looks like he is charging $40 now. Fixed one of the finger gussets free-of-charge and overall did a very nice job.

1 hour ago, jacksork said:

Islandsportsrepair.com did a pair of mine back in '17. I think it was something like $35 (not including shipping) and turn-around time was super quick. Just checked and it looks like he is charging $40 now. Fixed one of the finger gussets free-of-charge and overall did a very nice job.

I sent an email to them. I think the owner is named John. Waiting to see if they can do them. Glad they do nice work.

• 2 weeks later...

I shopped around and went with Island Sports Repair in Strong Long Island. They charged $40 for a pair of new palms installed. I obviously paid for shipping there and they ask that you pre-pay shipping back. I went to USPS and bought shipping and included it inside the box.

Gloves were done perfectly and returned super fast. So fast that when I saw the box, I assumed it was returned by the USPS for the wrong address or whatever.

Before:

image.thumb.jpeg.8f09a52167b7a1cd523b47b5f8af756b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ceca1050afbb09676fb2f12b8cdb8d7d.jpeg