Blocker boards

Taco

Hello all -

I have a Brian's Zero G blocker that I picked up awhile back to match my pads. It is actually my back-up blocker because the board is deformed a bit inside of it.

I took the board and lace out and saw that it was one carved piece of stiff foam.

I am in the spot where I can either send it out and have someone else deal with it, or I could make my own board which I am more than capable of doing. Anyone out there make their own blocker board from a layup of foam and/or plastic?

I was thinking of sandwiching some high density foam with a piece of plastic in the middle. I may add something soft on the back of the hand.

Those of you who answered the above question - what did you order and use in your project?

Thanks!

Ha Ha @coopaloop1234

@Taco I suppose I am not even certain what foam is used, so I don’t know if you shape it with heat, cut into sections and glue or carve out the foam. 

Is there lacing through the face? You would need a lacing needle for the cord. 

What I would do is contact either @Beccaraptor or Factory Mad and see what they would do as far as the foam used and how to shape it. I am certain that you just heat your plastic in an oven and bend to shape. Either of them may even pre-shape what you have and let you install it. 

Hey - I wasn’t worried so much about the actual install. There doesn’t seem to be any lacing through the board. 

I I was planning on using dremel and heat gun to replicate the shape. I was more curious if people used something like hd110/plastic/some type of low density foam up front etc. Looking for a good board layup (if you have one, lmk what you used for the front vs the back)

thanks!

4 hours ago, Taco said:

Hey - I wasn’t worried so much about the actual install. There doesn’t seem to be any lacing through the board. 

I I was planning on using dremel and heat gun to replicate the shape. I was more curious if people used something like hd110/plastic/some type of low density foam up front etc. Looking for a good board layup (if you have one, lmk what you used for the front vs the back)

thanks!

I suggested those two gear makers/repairers so they would possibly guide you in the right direction and sell you the right stuff.  I know you would install it with no problem. 

I am curious, myself.

I normally use a Passau which is an amazing blocker, but I got this one because it is the same design as my pads and was gently used (a Lack graphic zero g). 

Id like to make it work just so I can bounce between the two. 

Many blockers on the market have gone away from the tradition hard plastic board. Some have replaced it with carbon / curve and others have focused on the right foam make up. 

@Taco depending on your pickiness toward rebound and balance, I think it should be pretty easy to fabricate something that will be safe 

Archived