Chest protector beef up mod

wigalicous

After seeing the heart guard protection on current chest protectors I wanted to beef up my reebok chestie. I had an old Bauer Supreme neck guard that had gotten pretty ratted out from rubbing on the chin of my mask. I detached the neck guard to access the clavicle protection. I used a speedy stitcher to attach this to the elastics connecting the current heart guard and shoulder floaters. I chose to attach to the elastic as opposed to the chest unit itself in case I don't like the mod I can remove it without leaving significant damage to the chestie. The flex points on the clavicle protector integrate well with the shoulders of the chest unit so there are no mobility issues. Took me about 45 mins as some of the angles were a bit awkward but overall a pretty easy mod.

1626467743_20220822_1201003.thumb.jpg.11562c8553d2ee50a6a0f7d196fe6238.jpg165621297_20220822_1201117.thumb.jpg.52bf38e2182aa6f8cf62c028b9abf114.jpg1404380944_20220822_1155363.thumb.jpg.b01ed7b88b2745a609610279a5ce3d52.jpg1161127828_20220822_1157383.thumb.jpg.7bd869350e30bbb26fae98edf90ca2dc.jpg

Edited by wigalicous
Unsure if pics showed up
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, wigalicous said:

This is my first post and I am not texh savvy. I can't see the pics. Is there something I need to do to have the pics show up?

Based on the file format, I'm assuming you're trying to post from mobile?

Click "Add Files"

Pick your picture

The uploaded image should preview at the bottom.

Click "Insert" next to the image you want, this should link the image into the post text

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Based on the file format, I'm assuming you're trying to post from mobile?

Click "Add Files"

Pick your picture

The uploaded image should preview at the bottom.

Click "Insert" next to the image you want, this should link the image into the post text

Thank you. I am trying to upload from mobile. I changed the file format so hopefully they show up now. 

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to send some feedback on the mod. I am around 25 skates in and it has worked great for me. The way the clavicle protection on the neckguard was segmented it integrated well into the chestie and  hasn't hindered my mobility whatsoever. I also haven't felt any shots to the collarbone area which I have heard can be an issue with the Reebok chest protectors as they seem to sit a little lower than other brands (or perhaps I just haven't dialed in the fit on mine yet). Either way I am happy with the mod and it has allowed me to keep using my Vaughn 7700 neckguard even though it is a pretty budget model. With this being said, I am going to look to get into a new neckguard but I will leave that discussion for one of the neckguard threads. 

• Like 4