Chin Sling for 960 XPM?

On 3/29/2018 at 2:21 AM, ruckus007 said:

Just a question: I noticed my Maltese will delaminate and not stay glued to the areas of the NME with the silver tape. Did yours ever have that problem? I've had to reapply the glue 

to a couple areas every 10 games or so. It's getting frustrating. (i'm using Gorilla gel type superglue). All the areas that sit on bare shell seems ok.

Scrape off any residue from both surfaces and use contact cement.

Tell your team to play good D...it's very dangerous if you get lit up.  Contact cement is very flammable.

image.png.6ba6c8d10135020be6d96fb99dd7d4b2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow up on this - I went with a bit of a different idea for my chin sling. I wanted to make minimal, if any, permanent modifications to the mask.

I ended up tracing (wasn’t the most precise) and cutting out the Maltese gel to fit between the existing padding. Rather than try to attach mechanically, which would have required either cutting the stock padding or cutting the chin cup straps or both, I used contact cement to glue on two webbing loops to the back of my Maltese cut out. I just ran the stock chin cup Velcro straps through those loops.

So its basically attached the same way a chin cup is attached and is completely removable. So far it feels great - exactly the fit/feeling I was going for. Will report back after using in a live session. Thanks to everyone for their ideas!

B2311B25-6264-4079-88B0-9B0144AED3D0.thumb.jpeg.cfdd123737f78d5265eec289d8d3210b.jpeg

On 4/21/2018 at 7:15 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

Just wanted to follow up on this - I went with a bit of a different idea for my chin sling. I wanted to make minimal, if any, permanent modifications to the mask.

I ended up tracing (wasn’t the most precise) and cutting out the Maltese gel to fit between the existing padding. Rather than try to attach mechanically, which would have required either cutting the stock padding or cutting the chin cup straps or both, I used contact cement to glue on two webbing loops to the back of my Maltese cut out. I just ran the stock chin cup Velcro straps through those loops.

So its basically attached the same way a chin cup is attached and is completely removable. So far it feels great - exactly the fit/feeling I was going for. Will report back after using in a live session. Thanks to everyone for their ideas!

B2311B25-6264-4079-88B0-9B0144AED3D0.thumb.jpeg.cfdd123737f78d5265eec289d8d3210b.jpeg

Any pics of the backside? 

I was just having a talk with @Chenner29 about a similar project 

Archived