Doobiesnax's Homemade Knee Blocks!

Doobiesnax

Well I took my first stab at building a buddy some 45 degree knee blocks for his V6s.  It went better than expected and I learned a lot through the process.

I basically reverse engineered the monster blocks I bought of a buddy of mine for the basic design.

I used cordura and outdoor vinyl (like jenpro just a tad thinner, used for boat seats) and used a everlast yoga block for the foam as it suprisingly close to the softness/rigidity of the maltese and pe open cell combo in the monster blocks.  I also used a strip of jenpro and rivets for the lace in section.

1.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.f4cce55ba65b97c641a9673185075f35.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.6855d7db0e6b635526470896871cf25c.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.1266b8eeb105e32c546a236495ca6d3a.jpg

before vs after.

Oh man, those are thick! And really well made.

I was just gonna post my (negative) experience with a thicker knee block...hopefully they work out for you. 

I found they moved the pad too far towards the inside when I was in my stance, causing my pads to butt into each other.

39 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I found they moved the pad too far towards the inside when I was in my stance, causing my pads to butt into each other.

I shaved down the foam in my monster blocks and will be sticking with the stock blocks in the 2S.  I can see where they will benefit some people (hence why I tried them out), so hopefully they work for your buddy @Doobiesnax Nice build for sure 

Thanks gents.  I just learned to use a sewing machine a few weeks back so obviously I had never made anything like this before lol.  They turned out way better than I thought.  

As for the thickness, the monster set I use are this thick as well and work for me.  I dont have a ton of thigh rise on my pads  and my stance isn’t super wide so I don’t have the butting issue described above.  

Archived