Tendy Ties Tendy Mods

I've been having trouble with my toe bungees being too lose, coming off even, not fully recentering my pads after butterfly saves. My bungees are the Simmons ones, good quality, undamaged. I wear a size 7 skate, so maybe they're too big for my skates? Anyway, in researching I stumbled across these

https://tendymods.com/products/tendy-tiesth

and found a positive review

wanderingjustin.com/tendy-ties/

Anyone here have any experience with these? They look like they use two bungees, so it might be a stronger attachment, more like laces but still with some give. 

They also make a Ski boot style strapping mod so any skates can ditch the laces. 

1 hour ago, IpaddyTECH said:

I've been having trouble with my toe bungees being too lose, coming off even, not fully recentering my pads after butterfly saves. My bungees are the Simmons ones, good quality, undamaged. I wear a size 7 skate, so maybe they're too big for my skates? Anyway, in researching I stumbled across these

Anyone here have any experience with these? They look like they use two bungees, so it might be a stronger attachment, more like laces but still with some give. 

They also make a Ski boot style strapping mod so any skates can ditch the laces. 

Haven't heard of the tendy ties product, but it looks OK I guess. It's another option for bungee toe ties and I won't knock anybody wanting to provide alternative products even if they don't interest me. 

Though I had a laugh at:

Also, Tendy Ties make it a bit easier for me to keep my skates attached to my pads in the bag. I can tilt the pads forward to lace up my skates more easily than I could with other types of toe ties.

Just detach your skates dude. That's some Pee Wee stuff. 

I've head decent things about the buckles though. One guy mentioned it was warping his eyelets, but that's a single negative case against a few positive ones. 

• Haha 1

I'll see what others say but if no one has tried them, I'll give them a shot and write a little review of my experience. I'm not loving my simmons ones. Do you use pro laces? 

Haha yeah I was just thinking, I guess some goalies still do that! 

The buckles seem pretty cool, and I'm all for speeding up the dressing process, and things not getting looser. 

Edited by IpaddyTECH
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IpaddyTECH said:

I'll see what others say but if no one has tried them, I'll give them a shot and write a little review of my experience. I'm not loving my simmons ones. Do you use pro laces? 

Haha yeah I was just thinking, I guess some goalies still do that! 

The buckles seem pretty cool, and I'm all for speeding up the dressing process, and things not getting loser. 

Been using Prolaces since I was still using my GT1's. So just over 5 years. Have used both armoured and the TGN spec. Currently have the TGN spec on my Ultrasonics. 

Used some skate lace for the first time since my V4's (so even longer) on my Mach's I was using and they felt fine too. 

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Been using Prolaces since I was still using my GT1's. So just over 5 years. Have used both armoured and the TGN spec. Currently have the TGN spec on my Ultrasonics. 

Used some skate lace for the first time since my V4's (so even longer) on my Mach's I was using and they felt fine too. 

Thank you, I'll check them out more in-depth. That interesting about using skate lace. I've been debating going back also, but they always say the bungees are better for your joints, and I'm not getting any younger so that's a thing I have to think about now. 

1 minute ago, IpaddyTECH said:

Thank you, I'll check them out more in-depth. That interesting about using skate lace. I've been debating going back also, but they always say the bungees are better for your joints, and I'm not getting any younger so that's a thing I have to think about now. 

Skate lace use has it's advantages with post integration plays and movement from a toe box on post RVH. Some guys also are just so used to the feel that bungees feel too tight for them. If you use enough slack with skate lace, you won't really have too many issues with joints to the looser feeling. 

I use bungees for the ease of use mostly. 

8 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Haven't heard of the tendy ties product, but it looks OK I guess. It's another option for bungee toe ties and I won't knock anybody wanting to provide alternative products even if they don't interest me. 

Though I had a laugh at:

Just detach your skates dude. That's some Pee Wee stuff. 

I've head decent things about the buckles though. One guy mentioned it was warping his eyelets, but that's a single negative case against a few positive ones. 

Incredibly dust. I bet coop does this

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, IpaddyTECH said:

I looked up the Simmons toe the and the bungee is held in with a knot and easily replaceable.  If that is the case, then you should either shorten the elastic a bit or feed the ties an extra time through the skate somewhere to tighten it up.  Would try that first as that's the most cost effective option.

For the tendy mod, those would be potentially really easy to make by stopping at home depot and getting a box of bungees.  He even uses the ball, I've been throwing those out for years lol.  Some skate lace for protection and you could have Frankenstein ProlaceTendyMods.  The concept is interesting enough and simple enough to give it a shot. It appears to be just one long bungee cord ran through protection, loops around and back through and then the knot inside the ball has the start and ending of the cord.  Doesn't look like two cords to me.

Agree with coop.  Prolaces are great.  I'm on my 2nd set of TGN spec and they're awesome for me.  This time around I added small skate lace spacers for that lace-post integration that's become a talking point lately while still having bungee effect.  It's been working better with than without them.

Hope you find a solution.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Agree with coop.  Prolaces are great.  I'm on my 2nd set of TGN spec and they're awesome for me.  This time around I added small skate lace spacers for that lace-post integration that's become a talking point lately while still having bungee effect.  It's been working better with than without them.

Can you share a picture of that setup?