Petr Mrazek 23-24

Fullright

He's been great this season on an inexperienced team. 'Canes are putting a beating on him and he's making impossible stops. 4-0 Canes but the score should be 10-0. His demeanor has been professional and his technique is precise and quick this season. Very impressive.

Dude is a curious case. I remember that once upon a time when he was wearing the Winged Wheel he was thought to be the future. Never really dropped off the map performance-wise in Detroit (but granted seemed to be a little injury prone). There were rumors of attitude problems (which sometimes looked to manifest on the ice - though if that's the case guess you could make the same argument for anybody hyper competitive). Seemed to elevate his game some when the stakes raised. Just kind of crazy that he's only amounted to a journeyman that nobody really talks about considering how he came out of the gate (though the NHL is littered with similar cases for sure).

Makes you wonder what the deal was/is.

Edited by chile57
  • Like 1

I was aware of him when he broke in but never really a fan. While he's been here, he's had groin issues until this season. This year, he's been their best player night in and night out. The reason why I mentioned him last night during the "Canes' game was that Carolina put a beating on him...I think all of us who have been on poor teams could identify with him esp last night. He didnt blow any fuses; he just tried really hard and went about his business. 

Edited by Fullright
  • Like 1