1X vs 1S Strapping

BadAngle41

Disclaimer: I haven't looked at all 34 pages of this topic.

@TheGoalNet's post on IG today (providing insight into an image posted by @bauergoalie) got me thinking... has anyone gone into detail (with images) on the differences between the 1X vs. 1S/2S strapping, knee landing, and calf wrap?

It's interesting so many guys opt for the 1X, and not being a Bauer guy I haven't been staying up late struggling to figure out which would be best suited for me as I play around on a customizer. (I just troll topics on thegoalnet.com late at night.)

Pic.jpg.e8d43c4fb5f0f5edae801f3f32ac18e9.jpg

I honestly think it is the easiest set up of the two to use.  The 1x is only 2 straps around the calf area like most other brands have done. The 1s/2s has a handful of straps to do and the fact most pros had to play around with all the straps the pads came with to try and find the perfect set up. It woukd have been a pain in the ass to trying to find what you liked. Ingoal has an article with Mike McKenna talking about how hard it  was to find the happy medium with 1s straps setup. To me that is why most are getting the 1x backside.

10 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

I honestly think it is the easiest set up of the two to use.  The 1x is only 2 straps around the calf area like most other brands have done. The 1s/2s has a handful of straps to do and the fact most pros had to play around with all the straps the pads came with to try and find the perfect set up. It woukd have been a pain in the ass to trying to find what you liked. Ingoal has an article with Mike McKenna talking about how hard it  was to find the happy medium with 1s straps setup. To me that is why most are getting the 1x backside.

I am with Snowman. I have used both. I think 1X is easier to strap, keeps your knee on the landing better, and is more comfortable on the leg. The reality is that 1X might be the best strapping system out there but customization limits it's popularity. Once Bauer allows customs, we should see this strapping dominate (my opinion)

I just can't stand CRS strapping. The way it loops through the neoprene Y is annoying because you can't leave one end velcroed because it prevents you from putting on the pad.The last thing I want to do while prepping is try and figure out which end goes on which wing and making sure it's not twisted. And don't get me started on how terrible the lower calf strap is on the Supreme. Strap it too tight and the stiff calf wing is gonna get caught in your boot. TuneFit is so much easier. One velcro attachment and you're done. I like mine with the top part of the Y tight across my upper calf. Kind of a psuedo-Scrivens strap.

To me the 1x was way quicker and made the pad sit on my leg more comfortably than I could ever get the 1s to sit. Oddly I had to go back to doing the top elastic behind the knee on my 1x after running it down to my calf on my previous 3 pairs of pads. Took a couple skates to get used to again but when I ran it down to the calf on the 1x they would not rotate back coming out of the butterfly no matter what I did with the other straps.

On 6/26/2018 at 10:30 PM, BadAngle41 said:

Disclaimer: I haven't looked at all 34 pages of this topic.

@TheGoalNet's post on IG today (providing insight into an image posted by @bauergoalie) got me thinking... has anyone gone into detail (with images) on the differences between the 1X vs. 1S/2S strapping, knee landing, and calf wrap?

It's interesting so many guys opt for the 1X, and not being a Bauer guy I haven't been staying up late struggling to figure out which would be best suited for me as I play around on a customizer. (I just troll topics on thegoalnet.com late at night.)

Pic.jpg.e8d43c4fb5f0f5edae801f3f32ac18e9.jpg

I personally have tried both 1S and 1X. 1X is the better of the two in my opinion. It lets you adjust 1 strap and where it sits every single practice or game which is helpful if you want to try to change something on the ice right away. Where as the 1S you have to change sizes and there is really no different options besides that. The 1X offers a tighter leg channel which works perfectly with the strapping and the knee landing works very well with the cut off and pants. The cutoff slows the pants to move a bit better rather as if it was square like the 1S. When I tried out the 1S strapping I had to have a employee help me figure out which went where and in what order and it was too confusing. As we know Devan Dubnyk has always used Supreme pads even when he was in Edmonton, Arizona, and none Minnesota. I had the opportunity of seeing he old 1S set and he used 1X strapping and leg channel with the 1S base. I think this could have something to say about what he thinks about the strapping and pads in differences.

3 hours ago, Awgoalie164 said:

I personally have tried both 1S and 1X. 1X is the better of the two in my opinion. It lets you adjust 1 strap and where it sits every single practice or game which is helpful if you want to try to change something on the ice right away. Where as the 1S you have to change sizes and there is really no different options besides that. The 1X offers a tighter leg channel which works perfectly with the strapping and the knee landing works very well with the cut off and pants. The cutoff slows the pants to move a bit better rather as if it was square like the 1S. When I tried out the 1S strapping I had to have a employee help me figure out which went where and in what order and it was too confusing. As we know Devan Dubnyk has always used Supreme pads even when he was in Edmonton, Arizona, and none Minnesota. I had the opportunity of seeing he old 1S set and he used 1X strapping and leg channel with the 1S base. I think this could have something to say about what he thinks about the strapping and pads in differences.

I didn't get them with my 1X but there are different strap sizes for TuneFit as well.

20 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Small Medium and Large for the calf in TunefFt.

Small Medium and Large for calf, lower calf, and knee on CRS.

No, not as many but I didn't want people thinking there was only one size strap available.

I’m saying that there are 2 different straps with small, medium, and large for the vapors but there is like 6 different straps size small medium and large for he Supreme 

Archived