Protecting Toe Caps

AG37

Transitioning from roller to ice, it seems that I still drag my toe a bit. In roller I do not use a toe tie, but a snug boot strap. Ice I use skatelace with some slack and a loose bootstrap. What's the best way to stop this from getting worse? As you can see I put some Velcro over part of it but it only stays on for a skate or two.

skates99.jpg

18 hours ago, AG37 said:

Transitioning from roller to ice, it seems that I still drag my toe a bit. In roller I do not use a toe tie, but a snug boot strap. Ice I use skatelace with some slack and a loose bootstrap. What's the best way to stop this from getting worse? As you can see I put some Velcro over part of it but it only stays on for a skate or two.

Its hard plastic, nothing serious is going to happen to the toe caps.

18 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Get a cowling. :P

I'm assuming you're dragging your toes while in your backside recoveries and general sliding?

I have that on my skates too - and trust me when I tell you that they appeared before I could do a slide of any kind - LOL!

Looking at it a while back I noticed that (at least on mine) the scuffing lines up with the screws/washers that hold the toe bridge, so I assumed it was from that. Factor in the movement of rotation, loose toe ties, etc, and it makes sense. Cosmetically, when your skates aren't on, it is a bit disappointing, but like @SaveByRichter35 said, it really isn't an issue as far as protection.

Of course this is from a 2 month career goalie currently on the IR, so...

Archived