Pad Rotation While Playing Ball Hockey

havok

Hey so for my 40th my wife got me Warrior GT pads

Im not allowed to use them until my BD but i secretly strapped them on

As i was doing butterflies my pads woyld rotate outward when i got back up

Now i use them for ball hockey thats why im writing in this forum as iy mat be different issues than wearing them for ice

Any ideas what causes it?

do u use a boot strap and or toe ties? having no foot restriction and really tight pads could cause the pads to rotate badly as they would get stuck in the sideways position they are in when youre down in the butterfly. I know when i ever play dek hockey/ ball hockey, i use my ice pads and on those i just have toe ties so they rotate a little.

try strapping a little looser or a little tighter maybe. could you post a pic of the rotating?

35 minutes ago, havok said:

Hey so for my 40th my wife got me Warrior GT pads

Im not allowed to use them until my BD but i secretly strapped them on

As i was doing butterflies my pads woyld rotate outward when i got back up

Now i use them for ball hockey thats why im writing in this forum as iy mat be different issues than wearing them for ice

Any ideas what causes it?

What did you try them on with? Like under the pads?

Well i strapped the boot strap tight when I tried them on

I imagine if i  loosen them it might help

Ive never had it happen before but thanks for the advice

Warriors have that velcro strap thing going on and I've never had that before

No pics sorry but the pafs are facing outwards whem i get up of my butterfly. If that helps explain a bit

Are you playing competitive ball hockey with a hard pro ball..? Or recreational with a standard squeezable type ball..?

Here is what I used to do for competitive... it would work for either, but just depends how invested you want to be... adds toe protection as well.

Get a pair of aluminum toed safety sneakers... drill two holes through the toe cap... pass laces through and up the inside of the shoe to the upper most eyelets... then you can tie the shoe laces and tuck them under the criss-cross over the tongue... then tie the pad laces and tuck on top of the shoe laces. No boot strap and adjust calf, etc. to desired looseness for proper rotation. Keeps your pad reacting with your foot and knee movements... not dragging on your leg.

or you can go pro and get a pair of actual ball hockey goalie shoes from ReasonY... they even have a pass-through slot in the sole for your boot strap.

Shoe.jpg

ReasonY.png

Thanks for the advixe guys

Im coming from Reeboks and Bauers and always only used the boot straps. Never any toe ties. I guess Ill have to with these!

I already have steel toes amd will for sure look into that method. A guy i lnow who uses the Warrior Gt says he would use the grey to strap and put it under the laces 

Now he has shoes from Mcgowan CUstom sports. Ive thought of getting them...

Under my pads i wear compression pants. The Bauer 3.75 i believe

19 minutes ago, havok said:

Thanks for the advixe guys

Im coming from Reeboks and Bauers and always only used the boot straps. Never any toe ties. I guess Ill have to with these!

I already have steel toes amd will for sure look into that method. A guy i lnow who uses the Warrior Gt says he would use the grey to strap and put it under the laces 

Now he has shoes from Mcgowan CUstom sports. Ive thought of getting them...

Under my pads i wear compression pants. The Bauer 3.75 i believe

Okay, was making sure you didnt try them on at home in jeans. That can effect rotation. 

• 4 weeks later...

I play C/D level ball hockey. I had issues with rotation as well too, and frankly.... Strapping was an issue. It took a lot of fooling around to figure out. The bottom strap was the issue. It was too tight around my heel. 

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Pad Rotation While Playing Ball Hockey

Archived